Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Northern California Ski Sites

melligmellig Posts: 49 Baller
edited April 2015 in News & Other Stuff
Road tripping from Northwest to Tahoe next month and wondering if should pack my ski.... Looking for good options for a ride and/or coaching in Northern California for a long time free ski / course hack....

Comments

• TallSkinnyGuyTallSkinnyGuy Posts: 543 Crazy Baller
    For coaching you might try Terry Winter near Sacramento:
    http://www.skiwestcoast.com/coaching/
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,698 Mega Baller
    Makayla Haw coaches (I believe) at Bel Aqua in Rio Linda, just outside of Sacramento. www.makaylahaw.com. WIlli Ellermeier is at Liquid Zone in Pleasant Grove, also near Sacramento. 707-227-0913. Ski Oasis in Carson City, NV is reportedly closed, but you could try calling. (775) 267-9738. I'll be in Incline Village myself May May 12 to 18. My youngest graduates from college!
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    jcamp
  • MarcusBrownMarcusBrown Posts: 179 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @mellig I'm in Chico. Not sure if that's on your way or not. I provide lessons on my lake just outside of town. Let me know if that might be something you are interested in.
    markchilcuttDmaxJC_skimellig
  • jimbrakejimbrake Posts: 1,347 Mega Baller
    @lpskier - does your kid go to Sierra Nevada College? Racer? Congrats on the graduation!
    "...all of the basic fun banter"
  • igkyaigkya Posts: 696 Crazy Baller
    FYI - Ski Oasis is NOT closed.
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 2,096 Mega Baller
    Berkeley Aquatic Park is a good place to try in the Bay Area. Not sure who the best contacts are these days.
  • Mateo_VargasMateo_Vargas Posts: 875 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited May 2015
    Get ahold of me for Berkeley Aquatic Park rides.
    Success is failure that just hasn't happened yet
    @Jimbrake Yes, SNC. He is a snowboarder and just recently became a competitive water skier on his college team (this was their first year). My daughter graduated from Auburn in December, so theoretically I'll have both kids off the payroll.

@igkya Glad to hear it! I googled "carson city water ski" and this came up:

"Ski Oasis Water Ski Lake - CLOSED Carson City, NV, 89706 ...
    www.yellowpages.com/carson-city.../ski-oasis-water-sk...
    Yellowpages.com"

Better get Ma Bell to sort that out!
    @lpskier, Ski oasis is/was also running a wakeboard cable system, which I believe is closed. The ski club, while not as many members as in years past is open and we're skiing.
    @igkya Has your club been hosting the SNC ski team?
    @lpskier I don't believe so... what's SNC?
    Sierra Nevada College
  • cragginshredcragginshred Posts: 698 Crazy Baller
    Someone said there is a course on Fallen leaf lake,. that would be amazing (anyone one know if it's true)? For those who don't know Fallen leaf is a small ridge over from Emerald bay on Tahoe.
    Vapor pro 2017
  • TallSkinnyGuyTallSkinnyGuy Posts: 543 Crazy Baller
    @cragginshred Yes, I have seen a course on Fallen Leaf Lake many times, but I don't know if is there only seasonally or not. I have seen it there in September. It is on the north end of the lake. Perfectly clear water but quite chilly. Seems to always be glassy in the morning and then quite windy all afternoon.
    cragginshred
  • melligmellig Posts: 49 Baller
    @MarcusBrown sounds like a good excuse to make a slight detour through Chico May 22 or 23 if you are available...
    cragginshred
  • Tim VaioTim Vaio Posts: 35 Baller
    We live in Truckee (about 20 miles from Incline) but also have a home at Bell Acqua. Our boys are in school in Truckee but would bring you to Bell Acqua as a guest of ours to ski if you have time. Let me know and I can get you connected with either me or the boys to ski.