Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BallOfSpray Centurion #3

HortonHorton Posts: 29,758 Administrator
edited May 2015 in Boat Talk
Is this too subdued? It is silver metal flake. I think it will freak'n glow in the sunlight.

How about this?

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly  ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar 

Stella Blue ★ Stokes ★ World WaterSki League

Tagged:
santangelo

Comments

• swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,433 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Did you sell the blue one already? That color combo was sweet.

For resale, I'm not sure metal flake is the best choice? Maybe too bass boat-like for a ski boat? Of course it depends on the amount of flake for me. Clemson Dave's last 200 had a subtle amount of charcoal colored flake, and it accented it perfectly. The amount on this Carbon might be over the top? Naturally, color is all opinion, but resale history can be on your side with certain colors.
    Scott Calderwood
  • HortonHorton Posts: 29,758 Administrator
    @swc5150 a little metal flake is awesome. Too much is too much. My first two Centurions were blue flake and look awesome. It is just time for a change.

Connelly  ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

• supersonicussupersonicus Posts: 135 Baller
    Go all orange with black stripes and a 409. Orange is beautiful on the water.
    @supersonicus that is just not my style but if you want a Centurion with those colors => I will order it as long as you take it off my hands at the end of the season. That is a great way to save money and get the exact boat you want.

Detrick
  • supersonicussupersonicus Posts: 135 Baller
    @horton Not this season for me, but I'm a believer in promo programs. Best way to get a fair price on a properly dialed in piece.
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,813 Mega Baller
    I like the second one slightly better.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • lakeaustinskierlakeaustinskier Posts: 371 Solid Baller
    Several of us were recently debating metal flake versus old school colors. Most people decided that younger owners prefer the metal flake and older owners prefer the traditional "flat" colors. Another example might be the two decal options for the CC 200 - e.g. do you prefer the old school look or the gradient graphics? Personally I prefer some flash and style for my boats (I'm 49).
    Ted Thomson, Austin Texas, Aquaplex
    6balls
    @Than_Bogan I think the first one will look boring in the shade and when the sun hits it BOOM!

aupatking
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,813 Mega Baller
    I think the sun hit my boat once...
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    rockdogaupatking
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,554 Mega Baller
    I like the light grey. Black burns, literally. Down on the gulf coast I see all these idiots getting black powder coated leaning posts on their center console fishing boats. You absolutely cannot touch them when the sun's out.
    They both look great, I just try to stick to the lighter colors.
  • Not_The_PugNot_The_Pug Posts: 645 Crazy Baller
    The silver looks great in the sun. Nor Cal promo Centurion had the metal flake grey center stripe last year and it looked great.
  • rockdogrockdog Posts: 638 Crazy Baller
    Second one, bit more contrast.
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,477 Mega Baller
    @shaneH love it. @horton the second one black hull. Bro Jim had a MC like that and the black hull makes it disappear and the boat looks artificially low to the water which is really cool.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 6,056 Mega Baller
    I would go with the first one although if it was for my lake I would buy the second one. The black hides the stain from our lake.
    Mark Shaffer
    Than_Bogan
  • jhughesjhughes Posts: 1,085 Mega Baller
    First one for sure. No contest.
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,433 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I think silver top stripe, black bottom stripe might look great. Like Dave said, the black disappearing into the water would make it look baddass. Silver top stripe, with the rest white might look awesome too?
    Scott Calderwood
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,987 Mega Baller
    Second one for me. However I like a little more bold to make it pop but these two are pretty sweet looking.
  • DmaxJC_skiDmaxJC_ski Posts: 346 Solid Baller
    I think the first one, lighter colors = easier to keep clean. But really either would be badass.
  • GOODESkierGOODESkier Posts: 1,107 Crazy Baller
    1st one
    2003 Nautique 196 LE Star Gazer & ZBox - GOODE NANO OneXT 66.75" - Powershell 5 (LFF) - Tournament PB: 2 Balls @ 39.5' OFF (34.2 MPH) on 7/18/2015 at BIG DAWG BROHO!
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,197
    You can't lose on either of those and the flake will look kickass on it. If I had to choose I'd go with the first
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
  • thagerthager Posts: 5,050 Mega Baller
    My question with metal flake is once it fades how hard is it to clean up?
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,142
    There you go. That white/silver is sweet!
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• markchilcuttmarkchilcutt Posts: 947 Crazy Baller
    @Horton i would go with the black and white!
    Ski it if you can!!!!
  • kstateskierkstateskier Posts: 524 Solid Baller
    Silver and White is SEXY! Won't look super great on the trailer or in the garage but on the water it will sparkle like a diamond.
    KStateSkier
    Bradley Beach - Lone Rock Ski Club, Missouri
    2004 Malibu Response LXI, 2014 D3 Helix 66"
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 755 Mega Baller
    I thought I was going to really like the silver with black but I have to say silver and white looks very sharp. I was a fan of the original carbon fiber sides but I don't think that is an option any more. John have you asked or considered a different color Centurion emblem on side? Brushed Gunmetal or Canadian blue would look really cool and totally 'Pop'
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,843 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    Flip a coin, cant go wrong.
    Shut up and ski
  • E_TE_T Posts: 625 extraterrestrial trouble maker
    All red...
    E.T. phone home!
    I like reese's pieces

"Leave nothing on the dock"~AM
    oldjeep
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,477 Mega Baller
    There is a black and red in The Waterskier this month that looks awesome...but I wouldn't want all that color in FL, AZ, TX, Cali etc.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    DmaxJC_skiSteven_Haines