Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prostar 6.2

6balls6balls Posts: 5,477 Mega Baller
I had the chance to drive @razorskier1's Prostar tonight with the 6.2 having had time in a Prostar 5.7 last year. Simply transformative. Soft/medium/strong hole shot all available at discretion of driver/skier. Even for those wanting a stronger hole shot...only about 1/2 throttle needed. Crazy short site...no problem...could have you barefooting easily by the 55's. 34 mph comes real quick...turn ZO off and 40 is crazy quick. I'm not entirely sure my outboard Centurion beats it to 40 mph.

I liked the 2014 Prostar...my only complaints were XS rudder pressure for my taste and not enough power. Both problems solved in a '15 with the 6.2. Would be curious to drive a '15 5.7 with supposed transmission change...but after driving the 6.2 it would be hard for me to have one any other way.

It's a drive that impresses sort of like a BMW M product differentiates from a non M, or a Dodge SRT differentiates from a non SRT offering.

A ridiculously deep well of power may not be necessary, but even at part throttle it is enormously satisfying.

Dave Ross--die cancer die
Texas6Jordanm_pagsSkoot1123

Comments

• Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    And the wakes are non existent.
    Jim Ross
  • auskierauskier Posts: 457 Baller
    the 2015's with the 5.7 do feel much more powerful with the new transmission. The shaft angle change as part of the new ratio, also helps it push out of the hole and up to speed quicker.
    Toby
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    @scotchipman -- I have a friend on my lake who bought the 5.7 this year. His prior boat was a 2006 Prostar 197 with the MCX engine. He said that the new boat is stronger out of the hole and accelerating than the old 197. I haven't driven his boat yet, but that sounds promising.
    Jim Ross
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,142
    The 2015 we got with a 5.7 is like skiing behind a loaded freight train traveling at speed.
    Shane "Crash" Hill