Lake Latonka out of comission

GAJ0004GAJ0004 Posts: 1,082 Baller
They had to do work on the spillway for the dam at Lake Latonka. The lake is still down by 4 feet. No way to put a boat in. If anyone around the northeast Ohio Akron/Cleveland/Youngstown needs a crew to ski, drop me a line. No rain in sight. Trying to salvage the season. I will always bring gas.
Gary Janzig Streetsboro Ohio, skis at Lake Latonka, Mercer Pennsylvania slalom,trick,kneeboard,barefoot

Comments

• GAJ0004GAJ0004 Posts: 1,082 Baller
    Lake Latonka is coming up slowly. Fortunately it has several streams and lots of springs feeding water into it. It has 24 inches to go before boats can be launched. My boat may be on mothballs all season if we don't get rain soon.
    Gary Janzig Streetsboro Ohio, skis at Lake Latonka, Mercer Pennsylvania slalom,trick,kneeboard,barefoot
  • gt2003gt2003 Posts: 726 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Weather extremes! With all the rain here in Oklahoma, not a boat ramp is visible, much less open for use. I hope both our luck improves!
    2014 HO TX
    1996 Malibu Echelon
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,321 Crazy Baller
    Here in KY we have plenty of water on our lake, but we are as dry as if it were late July. Unless we get rain soon the normal weather pattern for July and August may stop us for the first time since we started skiing here 20 years ago.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,377 Mega Baller
    Here we have a good level of water, just keeps peeing on us intermittently all day or the temps drop back into the 60's. Would be fine if you lived on a lake and could just pop out quick for a few runs but having a day on the lake just hasn't been in the cards yet this year.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,763 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Hey gt2003. When I saw this thread I clicked thinking lake "Lawtonka". Guess not if it's lacking water. Would like to see the view from the top of Mount Scott right now. Hope all is well there.
    We are getting rain, and it is starting to come up a little more..
    It has a foot and a half to go. One more good rain will do it I think along with the run-off.
    Lake Latonka has nine inches to come up before the association will allow boats on. Progress. Just need one good day of a downpour.
    We were able to put boats in, and got the course put in. The lake was still down 7 inches yesterday. We got a mini monsoon last night. My dad just emailed me, and the lake is finally full. The spillway on the dam looked like Niagara Falls. Back in business!
    gt2003Skoot1123