Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Love our boat!!

supersonicussupersonicus Posts: 135 Baller
edited May 2015 in Boat Talk
To the water we go before the ramps get to busy next weekend.

2005 196 Team 6.0
bishop8950oldjeepBulldogLakeOneSkierThan_BoganrockdogSkoot1123Shakeski6ballsbojanskstateskier

Comments

• oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,686 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I love your lawn. Want to come over and take care of mine?
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    supersonicusakale159400
  • rawlyrawly Posts: 534 Crazy Baller
    What are you doing on that golf course ? Nice looking boat. Enjoy your summer. It's finally here.
    supersonicus9400
  • supersonicussupersonicus Posts: 135 Baller
    Thanks for the offer, but Minnesota's a bit of a drive from Bass Lake...
  • foxriveratfoxriverat Posts: 585 Crazy Baller
    @supersonicus Bass Lake. Have a buddy who has or had a place there. Dave Hoff. A few friends would bring there boats to the marina there at end of season for winterizing and storage.
    2000 Malibu Response LX 2019 65 HO Syndicate Omni Vapor Bindings
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,197
    Can't believe you drive on that carpet. Great looking boat
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
    supersonicus
    edited May 2015
    @foxriverat Don't remember a Dave Hoff from the lake...

Thanks for the compliments on the lawn gang. You guys made my Dad's day. He takes lawn care to the next level...
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 1,286 Mega Baller
    fake grass
    supersonicus
  • rockdogrockdog Posts: 638 Crazy Baller
    Did I see that boat on SIA around 12 months ago?
    Yes you did. Mine now.
    rockdog
  • WishWish Posts: 8,142 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Let your dad know there is a small dandelion starting to pop up just to the left of the trailer tire.

JK
    My dad's lawn in MN looks the same. That photo should be sent to Scotts Lawn Company as a promo shot for their "Weed and Feed" turf builder products. The contrast between the boat and the lawn is cool.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    @Wish I can't tell him, it would torture him until it's gone...
    Wish
  • WishWish Posts: 8,142 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Somehow I can see our dad's being able to share loooong lawn stories with each other. Great boat!
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    supersonicus
    edited May 2015
    Laaawn stories big time!!
    Wish
  • mopowpowmopowpow Posts: 318 Baller
    Nice boat!
    supersonicus
  • thagerthager Posts: 5,050 Mega Baller
    Lawn is so nice I felt guilty and plucked dandelions. Pain in the back!!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    supersonicus
  • rockdogrockdog Posts: 638 Crazy Baller
    Gee I love Red, it takes some more looking after but you get rewarded for it. I remember seeing it on SIA at the time thinking how much i wanted that boat.
    supersonicus
    edited May 2015
    @rockdog Thanks for the compliment. I have a thing for early 70's vintage Correct Crafts and this scheme is reminiscent of them. Was lucky to come across this boat as it has very low hours, a 6 liter and the previous owner was beyond meticulous with his stuff. Its near showroom condition...
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,987 Mega Baller
    @supersonicus - is that a Macan or a Cayenne pulling that super nice boat? Great Setup either way!
    edited May 2015
    @Skoot1123 Cayenne. Ok for putting boat in the water, but would not want to long haul with it.
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,433 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @supersonicus Is it a V6 Cayenne? I was thinking it would tow a 196 quite well with either V6 or V8? My wife wants one, and we have a 196, which is why I ask. Funny the turns this thread has taken!
    Scott Calderwood
    edited May 2015
    @swc5150 Yea, this is all about lawn care and cars. It has the 8. I think either one has enough power, I'm just not big on towing any sort of load over distance with a unibody chassis.
  • Lieutenant DanLieutenant Dan Posts: 215 Baller
    @swc5150 My brother has a Cayenne S that he uses to haul around his 21 ft Mastercraft Wakeboard boat. I think you'd have no trouble with a 196
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 1,033 Crazy Baller
    I have friends that pull 3500 lb travel trailers with the Cayenne with no issues what so ever. That ride should pull a 196 with no worries at all...
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,433 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @Jack Kinne Agreed, the diesel is a beast. Test drove an X5 diesel tonight, and it was nice too. Can't beat the Cayenne for fun factor though.

Amen Cayman2!
    Scott Calderwood
  • WayneWayne Posts: 527 Solid Baller
    @supersonicus did you buy that boat from some one in Michigan? I noticed the Silver Spray Sports sticker on the trailer. They are in Fenton Michigan.
    @Wayne Sure did. Got it from Dave Amy in Linden. He and his son originally bought the boat from Silver Spray.
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,197
    Couldn't help but notice the attention somebody has given the platform. Looks good. The Cayenne is heavier than it looks also, which makes for a decent tow rig.
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
    supersonicus
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,987 Mega Baller
    My dad has a Cayenne with the V8 - and that thing is a total beast. Not to mention how comfortable that thing is. I'd have no qualms pulling a boat behind it. I use our 2011 Explorer (which has a V6) to tow our Moomba Mobius - and that has a tower. Sure - it slows it down a little but it works just fine. (Explorer is a uni-body as of 2011)
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,477 Mega Baller
    I tow with a MB ML AMG. Can't remember the tow rating but it's plenty respectable It's hard to tell anything is back there...tows great I bet the Cayenne does as well.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die