Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2015 Carbon Pro rudder grind

Moskier3evMoskier3ev Posts: 178 Baller
Can I get some pointers on where to grind a rudder on a 2015 Carbon Pro?

Jeff Lindsey
MattP

Comments

• oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,686 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    They haven't got an adjustable rudder??
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 755 Mega Baller
    The trailing edge, drivers side. go little by little and test as you go to fine tune to your liking
  • santangelosantangelo Posts: 192 Solid Baller
    I didn't have to adjust my 2015 CP, but on my 2014, Will Bush had me grind the top trailing edge only. About 1.5" in, and 3" down. Performed very well.
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,477 Mega Baller
    edited May 2015
    @oldjeep neither does the Prostar...factory set rudder torque like it or not. I'm a fan of adjustable, but I'm sure it increases cost.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,812 Mega Baller
    Having to grind a rudder after spending a small fortune for any modern boat seems VERY odd to me.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    6ballsDmaxJC_ski
  • thompjsthompjs Posts: 542 Solid Baller
    Dennis Kelley has been putting a bit of grind on the TXi promos before they go out. Then you add a small amount with the tab. Seems to make the steering pull to be smoother.
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 755 Mega Baller
    That makes sense to be able to fine tune how much pull you want.
  • Onside135Onside135 Posts: 437 Crazy Baller
    @Than_Bogan…I think most boats from all manufacturers come set up from the factory so that the guy paying $80,000 (some do apparently…) thinks it is the greatest, smoothest driving Corvette on water he's ever been in. This setup is most times different from what many on this forum who pull skiers into '38, '39, and deeper, and likely might want, which is more of a weighted feel to the wheel.

As I know most are aware, trim tabs are an easy way to help with this, but a well-grinded rudder is often better and more balanced. Factories make awesome solid driving boats…promo guys turn them into skiing machines!
    bishop8950santangeloMattP