Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nautique Hydro Gate Setting

Not_The_PugNot_The_Pug Posts: 645 Crazy Baller
Anyone know the optimal setting for the Hydro Gate in Slalom mode. Trying to get the best set up on my boat possible.

I have measured two 200's and both are different.

I remember a discussion about this a few years ago and can't find the discussion.

Comments

• LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,414 Crazy Baller
    Pick the lower of the two, or better yet find a 196 pre gate era and check the hook in that area.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • mastercraftdrewmastercraftdrew Posts: 3 Baller
    I am also very interested. I just picked up a 2011 200 and the wake isn't as good as some of the 200's I have skied behind. I was hoping a little hydro gate adjustment might help?
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,142
    edited May 2015
    There is no hydrogate setting for slalom other than all the way down. Make sure the hydrogate slides down completely horizontally. It's been known that some will bind in the slot.

Also, it's not uncommon for boats coming out of certain 200 molds to need 1/8 inch of hook about 2 inches wide put into the flat on the passenger side with bondo. Doing that makes em ski like butter.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,414 Crazy Baller
    When I mentioned lowest of the two, it was in response to the comment "measured two 200's and they're different." Some 200's came out of the factory with the Hydrogate mounted too high. Poor quality control. Makes for bad slalom! I didn't mean to imply any setting on the handle other than all the way down.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge