Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Removing crud from trailer. Any experience?

TdubTdub Posts: 256 Baller
I have neglected my trailer over the years and would love to remove that nasty looking crud that accumulates just under the carpeted bunks on the paint. It is more than just water spots. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• boarditupboarditup Posts: 585 Crazy Baller
    Spray it with PB Blaster, let it soak for 15-minutes will keeping it wet with the Blaster. Hit with brass wire brush.
    Karl DeLooff - Powered by the wind
  • DmaxJC_skiDmaxJC_ski Posts: 346 Solid Baller
    Starbrite hull cleaner in the green bottle, most marine places carry it, spray it on, let it soak, scrub and rinse. Our lakes in Alberta are horendous for algae and multiple other things, and it's the only thing that will clean it.
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 3,050 Mega Baller
    describe crud. if it is rusting then more drastic measures will need to be taken. other wise a pressure washer works well on most everything on the trailer.
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• TdubTdub Posts: 256 Baller
    When I say crud, I mean the residue left by water dripping off the bunks ten drying on the trailer frame over the years. I did get some hull cleaner and that seems to do a decent job. Thanks to all. Any other ideas will be appreciated.