Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which prop for slalom on a 97 MC 190?

TallSkinnyGuyTallSkinnyGuy Posts: 550 Crazy Baller
edited May 2015 in Boat Talk
I've been doing my research on prop selection for my '97 MC 190 (TBI 350 with 1:1 tranny) -- my main goal is to improve the slalom wake at longer line lengths in the 30-34mph range (softer wake, lower rooster tail). I was planning on going with an OJ XMP 3-blade 13 x 11.5 based mostly on a review someone posted back in 2009 on the MC Team Talk forum (he tried the Acme 541, an OJ 4-blade and the above mentioned 3 blade). I talked on the phone with Eric at OJ and he suggested trying the 4-blade, which was a surprise to me since the aforementioned reviewer really did not like the 4-blade.

Has anyone on this forum with the 95-97 MC 190 1:1 tranny experimented with different props? If so, what prop do you feel produces the softest wake and lowest rooster tail?

Comments

• skiboynyskiboyny Posts: 255 Baller
    I have the CNC prop on a 96 MC should be the same boat. While that prop is an improvement in many areas the wake is not one of them. I also read that review on the MC team talk. I really can't support many of his conclusions. If I could go back i would try what Eric at OJ recommends. It's not the CNC version 4 blade as I remember.