Wing adjustment for slow/dirty water

cragginshredcragginshred Posts: 692 Crazy Baller
edited May 2015 in Other Stuff
The site I ski at was never compacted correctly and is not your typical high dollar place. It is close to home and it is never crowded with a great bunch of owners/members who ski there. It is however, very 'slow' water due to the amount of suspended dirt in the water. One of the owners who skis at the nearby Delta or other tournament sites commented about the big difference and how much harder it is to ski here. This got me thinking about ways to increase the glide of the ski.
My Vapor has a wing at the typical 9*, who would agree bring it to 7* then 5* would give me more glide and make it more compatible to 'faster' water?

My nephews wondered why I ski in chocolate milk. In Cali we are just happy to have water and be skiing!
Vapor pro 2017
Mud.jpg 1020.9K

Comments

• eddie_roberts_jreddie_roberts_jr Posts: 449 Water Ski Industry Professional
    Looks like a latte. You could try 8 or 7 but you'd be better off removing it than going to 5. At the angle your ski is in this picture 5 degrees of wing angle would have your wing pointing up and I don't think that would feel quite right.
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,986 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    1.) Awesome...love slow water and want to ski there.
    2.) Anyone doubt the SN TSC1 196 wake...just look at it.
    3.) I ski swampy crap year the entire season at vastly different temps...it was 50 degrees a few weeks ago and may hit 90 F if summer is hot. Have not adjusted in the past but may peel a few degrees off the wing if we get hot this summer.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    cragginshred
  • dtmdtm Posts: 44 Baller
    Water looks fine to me. Try a smaller wing with less surface area. Also, can try the wing positioned higher....on top of mounting screws.
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 1,859 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Not as bad as that but I ski on similar water, for me one of two things to comment on here, same problem lack of angle, so stay on the handle with two hands longer, ski will come round more, I actually add half a degree on the wing, you have to work harder, but it seems to work.

"Another Ball Bites The Dust”