Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New ski means new bindings

nhlpatnhlpat Posts: 2 New Baller
edited June 2015 in Skis Fins Bindings
A little background incase it helps: I am 19, 5'10", 155 or so pounds, and wear a 9.5/10 size shoe. I am currently skiing on a HO extra combo ski, deep water slalom starts only. I normally ski 32 mph, who knows how long the rope is. I let my friend with a 14 size foot use it and now the front binding is a bit stretched out, so I thought now would be a good opportunity to start advancing.

I bought a blank 67" HO Triumph. So now I need bindings. I am looking at the Jobe Rogue or O'Brien Prodigy for the front most likely with a RTP. Are there any opinions on either? I picked those two because of budget purposes as the ski itself turned out to be more than anticipated (shipping costs so much!). Initial research shows that the prodigy runs quite small, nothing on the jobe but it matches the color scheme well...

Comments

• aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,237 Mega Baller
    The Prodigies I just put on my boat ski are awesome and despite what you hear all around, mine are true to size. I wear an 11.5 in any brand shoe, 12 in some. I got an 11L and 12R, because I planned on only using the 12R in back. I heat molded them EXACTLY as the directions say, and even the 11L is comfortable. I just left them both on that ski.
    Can't help you with the Jobe
  • nhlpatnhlpat Posts: 2 New Baller
    Sounds good, and they seem to release well with the removeable liner. I am also looking at a used Connelly Talon.
  • TallSkinnyGuyTallSkinnyGuy Posts: 540 Crazy Baller
    I have double Talons and really like them. I tried some other bindings and the Talons were the best for my foot shape of the bindings I tried.