Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The new Flextail

bbruzzesebbruzzese Posts: 120 Baller
It seems like its been oddly quite since the Flextail was released...anyone skiing one yet?

Comments

• Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,393 Mega Baller
    I think they are still delivering them, no? But anyhow the only report I've heard "from the field" so far was overwhelming positive. But he's a regular here, so I'll let him speak for himself when he gets the chance.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    Chet said it was "the ski" after he got his.
    Jim Ross
  • AndreAndre Posts: 1,217 Crazy Baller
    @OB
    Curious as why you didn't keep it?

• Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,393 Mega Baller
    @Andre I'm pretty sure @OB is keeping it! (Perhaps you misread the first sentence as "I had ..." rather than "I've had ..." ?)
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    [Deleted User]AndreCayman2
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,801 Mega Baller
    I'm curious to hear what a few 35off and longer skiers think about the ski. It may be a while before it gets into those skiers' hands.
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
  • jcrossjcross Posts: 8 Baller
    edited June 2015
    I completely agree with @OB! Truly amazing at this point. I've had the ski for exactly one week and I'm already at my practice scores and much more often and much, much more consistent 35's and it's only getting better!
  • tjmtjm Posts: 328 Baller
    edited June 2015
    Borderline on size chart recommend up or dwn
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,454 Crazy Baller
    @OB I'm guessing that best score back in fall of 2013 was something like 1-1/2 at 39.
  • BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 6,044
    I know someone who skied on a proto ski with the FT shape, but without the spine and cutouts. He said even it did a lot of things he really liked.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

[Deleted User]
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,426 Administrator
    @ShaneH shape matters (a lot)

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• mmosley899mmosley899 Posts: 584 Water Ski Industry Professional
    Sorry guys, I can say he same thing about my new V-Type. Nothing special about what Goode is doing... The V-Type is a keeper without even trying the Goode.
    Mike's Overall Binding www.mobsystemrelease.com
    Sweet Home Alabama Skiing
    Senior Judge, Senior Driver, Tech Controller
    IlivetoskiSkoot1123
  • rawlyrawly Posts: 471 Solid Baller
    Not willing to loan Goode $2000 if the ski isn't for me. Took 3 months to get my money back when I went for the XT 3 week test ride. I'll stick with my blue Vapor.
    skidawgaupatking
  • bishop8950bishop8950 Posts: 1,114 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    I like the shape description I heard somewhere - between the XT and the traditional shape. I think that would be sweet having ridden both
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,214 Mega Baller
    Flextail #2 coming out at Nats.
    Shut up and ski
    @MS go rode your old Monza and pipe down

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Look, I cant wait to try one but always wait for the final product. 2k is not easy to come by.
    Shut up and ski
    AndreEd_Johnson
    @MS you do realize that every factory that makes a really good high end ski is in a constant state of R&D.

Wait nevermind I just realized who I was debating with. Love you man

I know.
    Shut up and ski
    edited June 2015
    @CParrish43 hey CP welcome to the forum. Its about time you joined the Ballers.
    The way I've interpreted what I've heard so far is that if the skier is calm at apex the finish of the turn is unbelievably flowy and smooth.
    Would you say the FishBone (FlexTail) needs a skier who is very calm and precise at apex?
    Does it forgive somebody who does some sort of drunken rodeo maneuver at the end of turn like me?

@OB What kind of rocker number do you have? Knowing that our N1 numbers were the same, I would like to get what you have.
    Shut up and ski
  • CParrish43CParrish43 Posts: 46 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @horton great question. Yes and here's why.. If you're more efficient and say you're coming out of your onside and make a mistake into your offside , because where you are in relationship with the boat I would say yes you can and the ski will still keep going because the boat isn't getting away from you. Hope that helps brother
    @horton you ever need help and want to try one I would be glad to help.
    edited June 2015
    @CParrish43 considering that I only have use of one arm for the next 6 months I need a lot of help. I don't think a new ski will make it easier to put on socks with one hand.

And don't even talk to me about trying to change a diaper with one arm.

wtrskior
    Adorable bro
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 2,089
    Hey CP, now that your married your next...Can't wait to see what a little CP looks like..Oh wait, there could never be such a thing as a "Little" CP !!!!!

Great Skiing lately !!!!
    Special Thanks to Performance Ski and Surf and the Denali Adam's !!!
    Horton
  • skiepskiep Posts: 295 Solid Baller
    Cp sure looked Goode on it today @cory's with very high wind
    Ha ha appreciate it @Ed_Johnson