Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My First 196

ozskiozski Posts: 1,699
I've always wanted a 196 and finally found a 2005 with low hours - 131. Its a pretty nice example and I've had ZO installed and its got a ZR6 375 HP just for good measure. Can't wait to ski behind her! Sad to see the Mal go but this is better.

'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' 2021 MC As soon as it lands Ski - KD Platinum

crashmanrockdogAndreMISkieraupatking6ballsakale15bogboywebbdawg99IlivetoskiJordankstateskierShakeskichris_loganmopowpowOnside135doonezBill22

Comments

• StejcraftbenStejcraftben Posts: 58 Baller
    Your the one that brought this! I've been eyeing this off on boat sales for ages but could never sell my boat. Then I seen it had gone and was heart broken haha. Great buy, hope you enjoy it!
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,197
    Great looking boat
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,699
    Yes Im the one..... I had to clear the Mal first, feel pretty lucky everytihng fell into place!
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' 2021 MC As soon as it lands Ski - KD Platinum

• StejcraftbenStejcraftben Posts: 58 Baller
    What malibu did you have before this?
  • rockdogrockdog Posts: 626 Crazy Baller
    Good work @ozski. Greg sells good boats. Who fitted the ZO?
    2004 RLXi - greatt boat, went to a good home. The guys at Skiforce installed ZO which should turn this into a great training boat.

• Lieutenant DanLieutenant Dan Posts: 215 Baller
    Sweet!
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,508 Mega Baller
    That's one of the best looking trailers I've seen as well. Do you know who made it, and by chance, if they are available State's side?
    Beautiful boat, you'll love it!
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,406 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    That has to really rip with the ZR-6. Many congrats on your purchase of an awesome driving/skiing boat.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • rockdogrockdog Posts: 626 Crazy Baller
    @aupatking pretty sure it's an Easytow trailer made here in Victoria. Not available in the U.S. , but I think they build the best trailers you can buy anywhere.
    aupatking
  • slvrbulitslvrbulit Posts: 208 Baller
    That is one nice looking boat and trailer
  • bogboybogboy Posts: 699 Solid Baller
    @ozski, beautiful boat and trailer. You were smart in getting the zero off installed right off the bat. Have fun!
  • SteveoSteveo Posts: 62 Baller
    Sweet boat! I just picked up an '06 196 yesterday. ZO will have to wait though. Should really jump with the ZR6!
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,197
    Trailer is pretty sweet also; awesome rig all the way around - we use an 05 regularly and its honestly one of the best driving boats I've run
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
  • mopowpowmopowpow Posts: 318 Baller
    Nice boat! We bought a 2003 196 3 years ago and love it! Much better to drive and ski than all the bigger boats made today.
  • PBDPBD Posts: 190 Baller
    @ozski you need to change your signature line.
    Rockdog is correct the trailer is an easytow as far as I can tell, I think they are the best looking boat trailers I have ever seen - http://www.easytow.com.au/trailermodel.php?id=11 When I get time I will post a couple of better photos.

• skihardskihard Posts: 567 Crazy Baller
    I loved our 196 compared to our previous boats. Was sad to see it go but it went to good people! Great boat you'll love it!
    Life's about working hard and then having fun on the water!
    I am - are you?
  • DCinVADCinVA Posts: 8 Baller
    Very nice boat!

WishwtrskiorAndrerockdog
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,755 Mega Baller
    @ozski that registration # looks like an engine or prop model number. I can see an advertisement for that boat...."Nautique 196 with PowerHouse QJ-479 Big Block engine"!