Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HELP!!! D3 Quest Ski Size

303Skier303Skier Posts: 468 Solid Baller
Hey Ballers!

It's that time and I'm trying new skis after being on a HO A2 for the past three seasons. I am a 36 MPH skier and my PB this season is 2 balls at 35 off. I am struggling with my off side on the A2.

I demoed a 67 and 68 D3 Quest Q45 and felt like the 67 was good. I didn't ski on it as well as my A2 but it's a new ski that I'm not use to. I got bent forward a few times off the ball on my on-side but felt the ski was very symmetrical from side to side.

I tried the 68 D3 Quest 45 and felt like it was extremely smooth and easy from wake to wake but hard to turn. I struggled to make my 28's.

I am very confused about which ski to go with (67 or 68 D3 Quest) and could use some input!!

Thanks!

About me:
6'3"
206 lbs.
Left foot forward
PB [email protected]

setup:
67.5 HO A2
Reflex front Binding
RTP
Jarrus Steele - Orlando, Florida

Comments

• gregygregy Posts: 2,456 Mega Baller
    I'd say 68. I haven't tried a quest but if anything like a x7 I had no problem turning a 68 and I'm 180lb 34mph ski.
  • bishop8950bishop8950 Posts: 1,019 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Both height and weight suggest 68" Quest to me. If it feels big run your boots slightly forward and fin forward.

I weigh 185 and 6' flat and I prefer a 68" at 32/35. When I get to 38/39 the turn radius seems too big so I ride. 67". But if I were a bit taller and heavier it may be different.

If you like smaller feeling skis you could run a 67" but my bet is 68"