Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Garmin VIRB XE

GloersenGloersen Posts: 952 Crazy Baller
not sure how accurate the G's and Velocity is but for the most part that max speed (skier's head) seems to support some data indicating Vmax is right up into the reach. Makes sense with regard to getting the handle "up on the boat".

scotchipman

Comments

• GloersenGloersen Posts: 952 Crazy Baller
    agree, data refresh rate always suspect, the tech will improve over the next few years.
    Horton
  • HortonHorton Posts: 28,515 Administrator
    I could cry because I want this to work - I do not think this thing has any training value.

I know Xensr was at SurfExpo and some ski industry folks went over to talk to David the owner.

http://www.xensr.com/

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ McClintock's

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• mwetskiermwetskier Posts: 1,330 Mega Baller
    edited September 2015
    On the first pass the skier started at 61 feet elevation but by the time he got to the other end of the lake he was at *51* elevation. thats a 10 foot drop! i wonder if it's easier skiing downhill or easier going uphill back the other way? i can visualize arguments both ways since skiing downhill might reduce the amount of strength require to accelerate off the ball. but then skiing *uphill* might be easier because gravity would help you slow down more easily.
  • bbirlewbbirlew Posts: 172 Baller
    @horton,
    I've had a xensr on order since last November and received various "it'll be shipping within the next few weeks" emails from David.

I'm happy to hear they are still in business since he stopped replying to email months ago, but I'm not holding out too much hope....

The shipping status of my order is still 'pending' and I'll be very surprised to see that change soon.

I have also been looking for a developer API for over a year now from him. They pulled down their developer site about a year ago and haven't been able to get any info since. They obviously aren't at all concerned about having any apps to support it upon launch...

My (slightly annoyed) 2 (canadian) cents.

• MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,699 Mega Baller
    @mwetskier, when I was a kid, we had to ski uphill both ways....with only a cold potato for lunch.

I think the error rate of positional GPS is reflected in that elevation difference.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    vertical GPS positioning has ~1.5x greater error than horizontal.

Even if this data gets more accurate, agree [email protected], not sure it will lead to more buoys. Maybe comparatively ( with accomplished skiers) it could help.

• mwetskiermwetskier Posts: 1,330 Mega Baller
    @MISkier -yup. thanks for getting the joke.
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 1,177 Mega Baller
    @bbirlew I'm in the same boat (pun intended). I received an email from David last week saying they were close to shipping after Surf Expo. I'm still not holding my breath.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,588 Mega Baller
    Personally, I avoid uphill ski lakes, especially both ways.
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
    HortonJJVDMZN

Texas6
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,749 Mega Baller
    @Drago I don't mind uphill ski lakes. Easier to keep a tight line!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    Gloersen