Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any opinions on the Nano One XT??

I'm 6ft 180 and have been skiing 2 seasons on the Nano One XT 66 RFF w/ reflex. I'm considering other ski's but reluctant to make a change because I finally broke through to run a couple of 35's end of this season and about 100 32's (yes i counted). I find that when I'm skiing pretty good it gets wide and early and turns incredibly well. BUT...I can wayyyy overdo it on this ski. When I'm not skiing well I think I am providing too much input, down course, and fast. I get the funny hip turns on my onside and can definitely get impatient on my offside turns. I know these are mainly technique problems (i need a more consistent and wider gates), but, would like to know what some other impressions you guys have on the ski itself. Fast?? Too fast?? Love it? Hate it?? Thanks!

(Basically talk me in or out of spending $2,000)
Tagged:

Comments

• lakeaustinskierlakeaustinskier Posts: 351 Solid Baller
    @jbwann You and I are basically the same skier. Lots of 32s and some 35. I also ski on an XT. I demoed several skis before I settled on the XT. I'm not a Goode fanatic either; I ski on the ski that works best for me. I have found that compared to other skis the XT is very stable and consistent.

I also believe that regardless of what ski you are on if you are getting funny body movements at your hardest line length and you're great at the longer rope lengths - the problem is your technique and not the ski. All mistakes magnify at shorter lengths. For both of us (me also) to progress up the line we both need to erase funny body movements and improve out gates. Personally I have made a consistent effort to stamp out bad stack and bad posture.

Hope this helps.
    Ted Thomson, Austin Texas, Aquaplex
    jhughesRichardDoane
  • jbwannjbwann Posts: 45 Baller
    @lakeaustinskier Very much! Thank you. Last time I ski'd we took some video and everything you are saying is true. bad stack. It's UGGGGLLY watching me on video. I was and am still horrified after watching. Thanks very much for the response.
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,254 Mega Baller
    I thought the XT felt a bit more loose/squirely then the N1.
    Shut up and ski
  • jbwannjbwann Posts: 45 Baller
    @OB1 thank you. I need serious work on the gates. When I get a good gate I generally run the heck out of 32. Weak gate usually leads to wayyyy to much speed by 5 ball. I can run so many damn 5's....uggggh
    [Deleted User]
  • GOODESkierGOODESkier Posts: 1,107 Crazy Baller
    My experience as a 6' 3" 190 lbs.

Nano One felt like a lot of work. In it's defense I was on a 65.25 and it was just too small.

Nano XT 66.00 was way less work and seemed to be faster cross course for me.

Nano XT 66.75 was sweet for me through 35 off, but when the rope got shorter, it was likely holding me back a bit as I struggled to get the ski to come under me at 38' off

Flex Tail 66.5 is my sweet spot. The smaller sizing, yet smidge wider sweet spot is fast and stable and comes under me and the line like nothing else! Least amount of work, probably due to my body position on this ski. It falls under me and sets me up.

Key is to get the correct sizing and figure out which ski works best for you.
    2003 Nautique 196 LE Star Gazer & ZBox - GOODE NANO OneXT 66.75" - Powershell 5 (LFF) - Tournament PB: 2 Balls @ 39.5' OFF (34.2 MPH) on 7/18/2015 at BIG DAWG BROHO!
    jbwann