Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone seen this boat? 2008 Nautique 196 6L

303Skier303Skier Posts: 468 Solid Baller
Hey Ballers!

I'm very interested in picking this boat up but I live in Colorado. Has anyone seen it or know the guy who owns it? Also anyone interested in helping me out to go look at it?

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&postid=33730
Jarrus Steele - Orlando, Florida
Ski63

Comments

• RogerRoger Posts: 1,500 Crazy Baller
    I live in Lake Worth and I've never seen that boat. I don't see any stickers on the windshield, so probably not an Okeeheelee boat which explains why I've not seen it. That's a great price for a 6 Liter 08 and it looks really clean in the photos.
    Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
    303Skier
  • 303Skier303Skier Posts: 468 Solid Baller
    The guy said he lives on the same lake Jaret Llewellyn lives on in Lake Worth, FL.
    That is a private ski lake about 5 minutes from my house.
    @Roger yeah I really want this boat and don't really have the time to get down there to look at it :( I'd have to get it shipped up here to CO.
    rodltg2
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,255 Crazy Baller
    edited October 2015
    That's exactly my boat except for mine being a 5.7 and a Limited. I've got a few less hours and no way would I let mine go for that price. Looks good in the pictures, but that's deceiving at times. He did say "good". I'd rate mine as an "excellent". Maybe excellent isn't in his rating system. Maybe Roger will check it out for you. He knows boats, especially a SN. At $28K you'll still be good including shipping.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    303Skier
    @LeonL I called the guy and he rated the boat at a B+. Said it was in great shape overall and just had oil changed, new steering cable. I reached out to Roger, see if he's willing to go check it out for me.
  • wcalrobertswcalroberts Posts: 5 Baller
    I know the owner of the following boat at Santan Lakeside Estates in AZ. This boat is in excellent condition and He takes fantastic care of it. It is also close to you and many others can vouch for the condition of this boat.

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Comp_Boat&postid=33778
    Orlando76
    I can ask Darrin or Jeff (both live there) to either let me in or look over the boat for you. I'll see what I can do.
  • BRYBRY Posts: 578 Crazy Baller
    I've driven/skied that boat. It's much more an A-, pictures are accurate. Functionally it's an A+, everything important works perfectly. And a 6L in a 196 is fun, dial-a-speed even on our short end. Cosmetically it's what you would expect from a well maintained, low hour 2008. Does it look truly new, no. Does it look really good for a 2008 and better than lots of newer boats, yes. I think he has it under-priced. Would be a great boat for CO, lot's of zip for the altitude.
    303Skier
    @wcalroberts That boat is sold and it didn't have a trailer.

@Roger I could contact the owner and set something up for you to take a look?
    @roger send me a pm
    Funny, I was just skiing that Santan boat last week (promo 200 had to go to the shop for a day for a tweak). Didn't drive it but now knowing the guys there I am sure it's ace. That AZ boat is very, very nice, possibly a little nicer cosmetically than the FL boat (and I like red boats). No trailer for the AZ one but if you talk to Tim I bet something could be worked out.
    I just spoke with Darrin who has skied the boat and is familiar with it. He echo's @BRY on the condition of the boat. He says the interior was replaced a couple of years ago and all the maintenance items were just done (impeller, oil change, steering cable, etc.). I would say this boat is a great deal. If you really want me to take a personal look, Darrin said he will accommodate.
    @bry I called the guy in AZ and was going to strongly consider it but he sold it to some folks in CA few days ago :( When was the last time you saw or skied behind Todd's boat?
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,776 Mega Baller
    Awesome to see the power of BOS at work. Hope it works out for you @303Skier!
    303Skier
    Why would the interior need to be replaced on a boat that new!? That kind of raises a red flag in my eyes.

@Roger I'd love it if you could go check it out for me, I would make it worth it!
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,776 Mega Baller
    @303skier - it is in Florida. The sun is BRUTAL. Even when a boat is covered.
    Good for Tim, didn't know he had it sold. Think as of last Sunday it wasn't.
    I last saw Todd's last night as I skied passed it taking my set, it's on his lift :wink: Last time I was in it was a few weeks ago. Helped him put new carpet on the trailer. Haven't skied it for a while, usually just use my boat. Last time he gave me a ride was when my boat was out but don't see why anything would change. It's a ZO 196 with a 6L, sweet ride.
    I will go take a look and report back (maybe even take some photos, but photos don't always tell the story well enough (at least from cell phone shots, could take my Canon over I guess).
    303Skier
    @Roger that would be huge man! I am overwhelmed by the help on this! Thanks everyone :)

@bry do you know why he had to have the boat interior redone?
    If he's keeping it on a boat lift, it is more exposed to the elements than if it was on the trailer covered with a mooring cover and of course he would be fighting mold issues in such close proximity to the water. Newer interior = better than original IMO.
    303Skier
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,881 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited October 2015
    Saw this one, too, as I'm softly looking myself and was intrigued. Seems a good boat at a good price.

Here's another in lake wales, FL

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2008-Nautique-Ski-Nautique-196-102559267

and one in Oregon:

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Comp_Boat&postid=34743

and Indiana a 6.0 liter but one year too old for ZO:

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2006-Correct-Craft-196-Closed-Bow-Limited-672747

Dave Ross--die cancer die
    I know he had the backrest of the drivers seat redone, some stitching issues, but other than that I thought the interior was original. I've been here about 2 1/2 years so possibly before me. Ask Todd, he'll tell you, he's a very straight up guy.
    303Skier
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,018 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    The '06 in IN isn't too old for ZO, as it's DBW. Would need an updated Faria Gateway though, since it's an LE, besides ECM.
    Scott Calderwood
    ozski
    edited October 2015
    @swc5150 How much to retrofit ZO on that 04'? I know without DBW it's about $4,500 W/O Faria.
    Gloersen
    Its on a lift in a dock slip under a roof with a cover on it. So not rained on, shade most of the day and great ventilation. I haven't had any mold issues with mine (lift under roof also) and I get mine wetter than his. I see the storm lines coming but one more pass.... the lift is just over there....
    303Skier
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,881 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @swc5150 not saying it's too old to convert...just that it doesn't have it from factory and would need converted. Can convert back to ZO back to 2002 in the right Nautique with Excalibur.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    @BRY snap a picture and post :smiley:
  • evolskievolski Posts: 58 Baller
    This is a great boat, driven it multiple times. Very, very clean. The 6 l is amazing and smooth.
    303Skier
  • Alberto SoaresAlberto Soares Posts: 284 Baller
    @303Skier - Go forward, 196, ZO, 6.0, low hours = great boat
    303Skierozski