Comments

• MattPMattP Posts: 6,332 Mega Baller
    The event is streaming live!
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,570 Mega Baller
    Web is down on my end!!! Any ideas
    NWA....Heaven on earth!
    edited October 2015
    @skidawg The stream did go down for a min but is back up.
    The site will not play an embedded live stream from youtube. https://www.youtube.com/user/h2oski64 is the host and you can see the link from there.
    Big upset in Women's slalom. Manon Costard goes down early with [email protected] after opening up at -32. Playing for a good head wind at 39 I would assume.
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,570 Mega Baller
    Very bizarre crash
    NWA....Heaven on earth!
  • sb_dc_mbs_13sb_dc_mbs_13 Posts: 32 Baller
    Feed has been down for me for a few minutes now
  • EricKelleyEricKelley Posts: 301 Crazy Baller
    Thanks to Kelvin, the camera people and the announcers for all their work. Watched it all day.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 6,065 Mega Baller
    I caught a little of it and really enjoyed seeing the kids ski.
    Mark Shaffer
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,375
    It's been a lot of fun on site. LONG day of skiing, though. Geez, 5 rotations of slalom takes FOREVER. lol
    Shane "Crash" Hill

Is there a scorebook somewhere?
    Mark Shaffer
    Just tuned in this morning and it is cool seeing kids that are obviously beginning trickers out on the water. Hopefully it results in building lifelong skiers.
    Mark Shaffer
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 3,004 Mega Baller
    @Chef23
    http://www.waterskiresults.com/WfwWeb/wfwShowTourList.php

If that link doesn't work, go here:
    http://www.waterskiresults.com/
    click on WSTIMS For Windows Web Scoreboard, then Live scoring, then the tournament scorebook. They have two separate scorebooks for Division 1 vs. Division 2.
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
    @ToddL thanks. It is cool the way they flip back and forth between lakes. I just saw Freddy Winter on a trick ski which was kind of cool.
    Mark Shaffer
  • BRYBRY Posts: 593 Crazy Baller
    @MattP Thanks for putting up the links, particularly the score book. Score book makes it possible to figure out how all the teams are stacking up.
    MattP
  • JohnNJohnN Posts: 133 Baller
    Webcast and announcing are awesome. I can't believe how they've kept the energy going all day, for all the skiers.
    How do they determine college divisions? I see Grand Valley St in D1 and I think Clemson is in D2. Doesn't seem to make sense to me.
    Mark Shaffer
    @Chef23
    All teams that win their respective regionals automatically go into the D1 event at Nationals.
    The second through fifth place team from each Regional Championship, plus the three wildcard teams, shall be placed into a simulated tournament based on fall season rankings to determine the rest of the Division I and Division II fields. The top eight teams from this simulated tournament will join the four Regional Champions in Division I. The bottom twelve teams from this tournament will compete in Division II.
  • Erik4cErik4c Posts: 51 Baller
    It has to do with how the teams do in regionals. For the western region only first place at regionals went into nationals as d1.
  • WaternutWaternut Posts: 1,517 Crazy Baller
    Man I started watching these this afternoon and when I got back from the lake, someone apparently tattled about some music that was in the videos so they all got muted....weak!
  • thompjsthompjs Posts: 541 Solid Baller
    Kelvin, that was some tremendous effort to do all of the camera switching and replays of the boat video, etc. Great job. BTW, he was doing this almost continuouslyfrom 7:30 to 7:30 for three days)

(He was right behind me while I was running the Jump distance computers. I think that is hard, but I'm glad it was him and not me!)
  • LLUSALLUSA Posts: 300 Crazy Baller
    @Kelvin, great job as usual, it was nice to jump in ad out while at work, look forward to seeing you back at the Malibu Cup in Tuscaloosa in 2016
    LLUSA, Sr Driver, AWSA Board of Directors, Towboat Committee,Lake Owner
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 3,004 Mega Baller
    That was a very exciting webcast to watch! I really enjoyed the effort of switching from Lake to Lake and the announcers trying to commentate on multiple lakes with action at the same time. Everyone did an excellent job! Very impressed!
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
    @kelvin thanks for setting that up it was awesome. I had it on in the background at work and got to see a few kids I know from the Eastern Region compete which was awesome. It was great seeing all the kids get to ski and having the lakes flip back and forth was great.
    Mark Shaffer
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,375
    At one point, the camera men even got me driving double knee boarders on lake 3. lol
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• KelvinKelvin Posts: 1,337 Mega Baller
    Honestly, I underestimated how much concentration it was going to take to do multiple lakes for such a long period of time. I haven't worked that hard in a long time. The drivers and dock starters kept the events going non-stop. Especially with multiple trick boats and 2 jump boats. All the kids deserved the airtime regardless of D1 or D2. I did get a little behind on the name captions until I was able to figure out a better way with my software. I appreciate everyone's comments. That makes it a worthwhile endeavor.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
    Broussardwolfgang
  • EricKelleyEricKelley Posts: 301 Crazy Baller
    Tyler did a great job. He made the kids doing side slides on the kneeboard seem like rockstars. Glad someone fed him on Saturday.