Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nautique 200 w/ 450 anywhere in Florida

MCskiFreakMCskiFreak Posts: 327 Baller
We have been working with Nautique of Orlando trying to find a 200 with a 450 to demo but they are saying there are not any in the state. Does anyone know of any jumpers that may be running that motor?

The boat will be used by a show ski team so we need all the power we can get.

The boat is being compared against the 6.2 Prostar as far as performance. Unfortunately the Prostar that we tested had a week fuel pump and would cut on when doing a barefoot circle or running our jump pattern.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Matt
Matt Welton - Resident boat nerd

Comments

• RogerRoger Posts: 1,553 Crazy Baller
    Skip Dunlap owns one, no idea if it's for sale or not though.
    Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 740 Crazy Baller
    The new 2016, 6.2 is more powerful then the 450.
    More powerful in what way? PCM rates the 6.2 engine at 450hp (same as the 450 6.0), is the torque rating higher?
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    The ProStar 6.2 is strong. I pulled 4 guys deep up barefooting and had them at speed to stand up very quick. Ran 44mph with all four standing.
    Jim Ross
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,424 Mega Baller
    Is pcm still rating with hp? Indmar claims that their designator numbers are torque.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    @OB1 Kenobi -- I have friends -- they barefoot. I did barefoot two days this summer. Honestly, I just don't have the water time (or the energy) to waste on non-slalom activities
    Jim Ross
  • unksskisunksskis Posts: 352 Baller
    Hard to no believe there aren't any at a ski school, I'm sure Travers has one
  • greggreg Posts: 38 Baller
    There is a brand new 6.2L ProStar in Florida, just finished prepping and ready for water today.
    Greg Chapman
  • unksskisunksskis Posts: 352 Baller
    edited October 2015
    Would also think they'll have a 200 at Lake Ivanhoe pulling jump
  • GlockGlock Posts: 192 Baller
    I'm sure Traverse has one. The dealer here in Portland, OR bought their 2014 with the 450. Sweet boat.
  • LLUSALLUSA Posts: 276 Crazy Baller
    @Jody_Seal has one in Panama City
    LLUSA, Sr Driver, AWSA Board of Directors, Towboat Committee,Lake Owner
  • vtjcvtjc Posts: 239 Baller
    Not what your looking for but this is a small boat with a big block: https://fortwayne.craigslist.org/boa/5267098272.html
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,740 Mega Baller
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

E_T
  • MCskiFreakMCskiFreak Posts: 327 Baller
    edited October 2015
    Looking at 2015/2016 boats only. Already tested a 6.2 Prostar in Lake Wales. Like I said that boat had fuel pump issues that caused it to cut out during left hand turns.

We want to test a 2015/2016 Nautique 200 with the 450 before making a final decision on what boat will be ordered.
    If you're close to Lake Wales, then hook up with Jim Powers ( @skierjp ). He has a 6.2 and is a Correct Craft rep (if I'm not mistaken). He knows these boats inside and out.
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 740 Crazy Baller
    My boat will be the display boat at the US Open.
    Last I heard Jon Travers had a 6.2 ( Masters Boat ) at his place.
  • XpropmanXpropman Posts: 16 Baller
    I have a 450 HP 115hours
    Skip 863-605-0340
    Jody_Seal
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 1,115 Mega Baller
    how in the world does a 15/16 MC have an "issue" with fuel pump? It's friggin brand new!
  • MCskiFreakMCskiFreak Posts: 327 Baller
    I appreciate every ones help in getting a boat tracked down to demo! I was put in contact with a person at Correct Craft that can facilitate a demo.

• Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 1,059 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Frankly I'm surprised there's any Ski Nautique to demo in FL giving the disappointment that Orlando Nautiques didn't bother bringing a 3 event to the Orlando boat show this year.
  • skiinxsskiinxs Posts: 553 Crazy Baller
    I would expect the DI 6.2 to be very, very strong. If you need even more grunt you might consider having them put one of the three blade jump props on it for you to try. Those are 13x14, I believe that the Acme part number is 1458.