Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dang... Freddie!

ToddLToddL Posts: 2,859 Mega Baller
I am sore just looking at this picture...

That ski is pointed on a very early path still at full load! It almost appears as if his legs are bowed under the stress.

Light on the line my @$$.

#athlete
@FWinter
-- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
andjulesski6jones

Comments

• Chef23Chef23 Posts: 6,066 Mega Baller
    I don't think any of them are truly light on the line. I do think that they apply work in the right spots so they don't feel heavy behind the boat.
    Mark Shaffer
    RazorRoss3
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,233 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
    Good Looking Boy when he grits his teeth, way to go Freddie, the question is can he take a victory from Nate, when ever he's been there, always some sort of Controversy, he is definitely a true Athlete with lots of Talent and Power available.

Addicted To Carbon Fibre

• jimbrakejimbrake Posts: 1,417 Mega Baller
    Looks like he's trying to keep his hips open to the boat, but everyone here knows that's incorrect, right?

Disclaimer: I have no idea what @FWinter is "trying" to do there. I just know he skis awesome scores.
    "...all of the basic fun banter"
    PhilSymo
  • HortonHorton Posts: 30,790 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

E_TMattPBulldogRazorRoss3
    F. My first panda. I go to the box. I feel the shame (what movie?).

Actually, what I think is "happening" in that picture vs. what he's "doing" is that the ski is in the very earliest stage of moving under and out AKA changing edges. It's just the earliest stage of his reverse C. He's loaded against the rope, but not against his ski as much as it looks.
    TallSkinnyGuy

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

@jimbrake Slapshot.
    Mark Shaffer
  • bassfooterbassfooter Posts: 159 Baller
    Wow...still time for a hat trick, @jimbrake. Evening's young!
    Horton
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,197
    Double panda award recipient! Huge honor
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
    chris_logan
  • RazorRoss3RazorRoss3 Posts: 1,384 Mega Baller
    edited October 2015
    I'm sure you feel that on the boat, light on the line is more the feel for the skier than the feel on the boat. If you're stacked and not loaded then you just have a lot of leverage. The boat feels you but you feel a more speed for less effor than someone who loads the line out of position.

I never think about being "light", my brain switches into lazy mode. I do try to stay in a leveraged but not loaded position which keeps me fast, lets me give it to the boat, but never finds me load locked or swung out.

Also, Freddie is just fun to watch!
    ski6jones
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,859 Mega Baller
    Clearly, the reason why I can't run my toughest pass is because I am not fully gritting my teeth correctly from white water to white water.
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,233 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
    Did somebody say "Light On The Line"

Addicted To Carbon Fibre

I don't think he is changing edges in the middle of the wakes either.
    Mark Shaffer
    Than_Bogan
    I'm pretty sure he's thinking about tacos for dinner

PhilSymo
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,434 Mega Baller
    Tacos and IPA's
    NWA....Heaven on earth!
    ski6jonesHorton
  • ski6jonesski6jones Posts: 1,153 Mega Baller
    edited October 2015
    That is an awesome picture. I went back and looked at it, then I went back and looked at it again, etc. The angles are kind of mind blowing.
    Carl Addington, Lakes of Katy, Texas
  • bbirlewbbirlew Posts: 180 Baller
    I agree with @RazorRoss3. I don't think 'light on the line' was ever meant to be 'don't get max leverage against the boat'. Instead it means 'do it efficiently'.

Think of two cars driving the exact same road. The first car gasses it at every straight stretch and hits the brakes every turn. The second car goes slower through the straights but carries more speed through the turns.
    They both take the exact same time to drive the exact same path, but car 2 has used a fraction of the gas to do it. It has been much more efficient.

A skier can be on his back leg through the wakes and 'plowing'. He is leaning like crazy but in an inefficient position and putting much more tension on the line than someone who is more balanced and centered on their ski moving at the exact same speed and path behind the boat.

To me, ( light on the line == ski efficiently)
    RazorRoss3drewski32
  • A_BA_B Posts: 4,306 Mega Baller
    edited October 2015
    The GOAT was pretty efficient, yet his load at 39 was measured at over 800 pounds. Would hate to see it if he was inefficient.

Maybe we should say load as much as you can handle in an efficient manner. That sounds more politically correct by not implying you will be successful by skiing with two fingers on the handle. Great disservice to novice skiers trying to grasp concepts.
    Than_Bogan
  • JordanJordan Posts: 1,264 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    He is not wearing green gloves.....just sayin'
    @Chef23 - winnah!!