Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question for Mastercraft 197 Owners...

samomoomoosamomoomoo Posts: 8 Baller
Hey guys I traded in a deck boat for a 2004 MC 197. Best decision of my life! However, now I'm faced with the challenge of adjusting the bunks on my lift to accommodate. I would normally copy my trailer bunks but my trailer has four bunks making that duplication not feasible. I'm wondering if anyone could share their lift bunk dimensions. What length are you using, how far apart are they spaced and how high from the cross support are the bunks raised? Angled bunks or straight bunks? Thanks!

Comments

• LarsLars Posts: 121 Baller
    I copied the width of the rear trailer bunks and just tried to have the front a few inches narrower. picture below was my first shot, I still had to adjust the bunks a bit to get the strakes to line up correctly.

• swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,017 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Post some pics Davey!
    Scott Calderwood
  • samomoomoosamomoomoo Posts: 8 Baller
    Hey Scott...sadly have to take it off the lake this week to put in storage. :( Looking forward to pulling you next summer!

6balls
  • Greg BanishGreg Banish Posts: 99 Baller
    Angled will help self-align as you pull in. Start with about 22"-24" in front and about 40" in the rear. This should clear your water inlet and speedo wheel while still giving good support.
    swc5150
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,017 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Wow, looks awesome! Love the color combo. Looking forward to getting time behind it! I just drained my block the other night, so the Nautique is about to hibernate:(
    Scott Calderwood