Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inspiration for Mastercraft?

ejjejj Posts: 81 Baller

I always liked the old Ferraris. I wonder if the designers at MC thought the same thing?

Comments

• A_BA_B Posts: 4,141 Mega Baller
    edited October 2015
    I'm waiting for a SN die hard to post a picture of a tank.... :)
  • Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 1,060 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I've never cared much for the MC in the 90's but lately they've been a kick ass looking sharp machine. I still don't know what to think of the 14-15 windshield. I've never done show skiing so I'm not real certain about how much clearance there is but wouldn't that windshield cause problems with ATB's?
  • GOODESkierGOODESkier Posts: 1,107 Crazy Baller
    I seem to think this was more of a copy/steal back. Since Bayliner (Quality Boats that they are.....) stole the hull mold back in the 80's, how more fitting than to steal that cutting edge windshield and wide rear end......... With that said, it is my son's FAVORITE BOAT (The new prostar that is).

2003 Nautique 196 LE Star Gazer & ZBox - GOODE NANO OneXT 66.75" - Powershell 5 (LFF) - Tournament PB: 2 Balls @ 39.5' OFF (34.2 MPH) on 7/18/2015 at BIG DAWG BROHO!
    oldjeep
  • WishWish Posts: 7,838 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    stole hull molds??
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    @Wish probably should re-word that. Took a boat from mastercraft, made a mold from it, and then basically made the same dam hull below waterline that is. Try skiing one, pretty darn if not exactly the same as the mid 80's mastercraft stuff.
    2003 Nautique 196 LE Star Gazer & ZBox - GOODE NANO OneXT 66.75" - Powershell 5 (LFF) - Tournament PB: 2 Balls @ 39.5' OFF (34.2 MPH) on 7/18/2015 at BIG DAWG BROHO!
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,589 Mega Baller
    @GOODESkier, they must have engineered the Challenger mold from the old Tristar. If I recall, neither of those boats skied all that well.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    @MISkier likley! LOTS OF SPRAY!