Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chet Talks Body Position

Comments

• dchristmandchristman Posts: 1,132 Mega Baller
    Namu @Chet a Butsu - ski Bodhisattva. I sense the "Way" is South. I must quiet the desire for an immediate trip to WPB.
    Is it time to ski, yet?
  • chris55chris55 Posts: 394 Crazy Baller
    @Chet thank's and looking forward to start the new season with discipline!!!
  • thompjsthompjs Posts: 542 Solid Baller
    Thanks, that reinforces stuff the TrentF is always talking about.
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,126
    Great video. Now, how many people will say I'm all in, but then be all out and let what he's talking about here go in one ear and out the other. I've got a friend who would be a beast on a ski, if he would only spend 2016 doing what Chet is talking about in this video.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

Wish
  • WishWish Posts: 8,118 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited January 2016
    It's funny to cause you can say all in but then one little thing doesn't feel the same or it's not what you're used to... aaand done. Two steps back for one step forward is a hard pill to swallow sometimes. I ski vastly different then I did 12 months ago. But it's been "all in" with many many passes..easy ones...missed or simply abandoned cause it an old habit creeped in. Have not gone to short line in months and won't till what I'm working is innate.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    jimbrake
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,701
    Chet doing what Chet does so well. Taking something fundamental that a lot of people know and delivering it in a manner that makes it impossible to ignore.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' 2021 MC As soon as it lands Ski - KD Platinum

• bishop8950bishop8950 Posts: 1,193 Open or Level 9 Skier
    I love talking with Chet. He is a super nice guy. Funny. Smart. Well studied as a coach and as a human. Great video. I have heard bits of that second hand but nice to hear him go through it again. I wish I lived closer to WBP.
    ski6jones
  • PT MikePT Mike Posts: 163 Baller
    Great post Darrin, thanks for sharing.
    jedgell
  • DirtDirt Posts: 1,643 Open or Level 9 Skier
    Chet is the guru. Well said. I know what he is saying, if only I could do it. Steps forward, little by little. One foot in front of the other.
    Chet asked me many years ago if I was willing to take a step backward (buoy count) in order to move forward and I was all in. It has paid off. We were talking about the difference between pros and amateurs and moving the ski out after the second.wake.
    He has never misled me and I am greatful for his coaching.
    I learned everything I know not to do from Horton
    ski6jonesjimbrake
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    Super nice person, and a great coach. His question of "all in" is terrific. Do you want to improve? Are you willing to pay the price?
    Jim Ross
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,589 Mega Baller
    I've wanting to get some coaching with Chet. There's guy locally that coaches with him regularly and has made some huge gains.
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,456 Mega Baller
    I did the video coaching thing with Chet before last year, $$$ well spent since it's a long way from Seattle to WPB
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
    bishop8950jimbrake
  • GaryWilkinsonGaryWilkinson Posts: 355 Solid Baller
    Awesome video! The message is simple, commit to a proper body position and hold it. Sounds familiar right @Than_Bogan ?
    After 6 months of MonkeyBar gym doing HIIT I'm chomping at the bit to get going.
    I need to ski back to the handle obviously.
    Web
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,780 Mega Baller
    @GaryWilkinson I try to be helpful, but let's not compare my coaching to @Chet. There are several planes of knowledge between where I am and where he is!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • GaryWilkinsonGaryWilkinson Posts: 355 Solid Baller
    Than it was a compliment well deserved. Your article changed my skiing forever and Chet's article reinforces that same concept of a strong, stacked body position. Well done.
    I need to ski back to the handle obviously.
  • paul413skipaul413ski Posts: 217 Baller
    Im moving house