Looking for footage of water ski tournaments/contests from 1980s to early 2000s.

2»

Comments

• mbug90mbug90 Posts: 34 Baller
    @Mark_Matis If I have to pay them with a credit card, the payment will be declined because the card was issued somewhere not in Australia.

By the way, did you say they had footage electronically? Where? I went to the Moomba website, but they only had video from as far back as 2009. Nothing further back.
  • EdbrazilEdbrazil Posts: 1,396 Historical Baller
    Back in the 1980's, Melbourne channel HSV7 used to video the Moomba competition live,
    over several days. That must be archived somewhere. The video format there is PAL,
    and not NTSC. PAL is a little sharper, but nowhere near HD. Yes, I would start with the
    Victorian Water Ski Assn.
    I sent the Victorian Water Ski Assn. an email a week ago. No reply. I think it was because I used my iCloud email account to send the message. I will try again with my gmail account.
    edited April 2016
    Alright. I hope you guys won't be upset with my revival of this thread.

As for Moomba '87, have made contact with the Victorian Water Ski Association, but they are still searching for footage of it. Fran Heynes tells me that the people who were on the commitee in '87 are no longer serving the association but they are the ones who have footage. They will check what they have. It worries me that they do not appear to keep their footage in an archive like the USA Foundation does.
  • Monte99Monte99 Posts: 8 Baller
    Think I have some old Moomba footage, will try and dig it up this weekend.
    mbug90
    @Monte99 Oh thank you very much.
    Monte99
    I think we have the TV recording of the 2000 Moomba masters. Also the Wade Cox instruction video which came with the CDX-1. Going to have to convert the vhs tapes then I will upload a link
    mbug90
    @monte99 So, how goes the conversion?
    Just brought the tape home today. I will edit and upload it to YouTube tomorrow
    @Monte99 Done yet?
  • wilecoyotewilecoyote Posts: 200 Baller
    I just watched the whole thing, it was just too much fun to stop. This is from Milan in 1977. https://goo.gl/X4vvqm.
    @Monte99 Have you finished up with the Moomba 2000/Wade Cox instruction video yet?
    edited May 2016
    He said he would upload it on Monday last week. I am getting very frustrated now.
    edited May 2016
    How can the Victorian Water Ski Association not keep tabs on their own old event footage? That really pisses me off! It's been two months and I still have not been helped!

I don't know what to do anymore. I have tried everything. And nothing happened!!!
    Is there anyone else who has trick footage (preferably women's) from the 1980s to early 2000's that they can share with me immediately? I am getting really frustrated with the Victorian Waterski Association having not found Moomba 1987 yet.

Also, Monte99 is having trouble converting the footage he promised. Somehow, his computer can detect copyrights on VHS casettes.
    edited May 2016
    Why does this have to be so difficult?!!
  • HortonHorton Posts: 31,829 Administrator
    @mbug90 you care but perhaps no one else cares. It seems like the readership here does not care.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf★ Reflex★ Radar★ Rodics OffCourse ★ Stokes

InthedayBroussard
  • BroussardBroussard Posts: 711 Crazy Baller
    @mbug90 Try not being so brash, you will be more likely to get somewhere.
    Andre Broussard | Action Water Sports | SkiBennetts |
    ........Please? o:)
    edited May 2016
    The Victorian Water Ski Association is not responding to my follow up emails. :(

But, I am not giving up.
  • BroussardBroussard Posts: 711 Crazy Baller
    @mbug90 Keep nagging them, I'm sure it'll work eventually!
    Andre Broussard | Action Water Sports | SkiBennetts |
  • HortonHorton Posts: 31,829 Administrator
    Ok we are done here.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf★ Reflex★ Radar★ Rodics OffCourse ★ Stokes

Broussard