Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World standings for Old Guys

HortonHorton Posts: 31,032 Administrator
edited January 2010 in News & Other Stuff
<p>
The current World Standings list comes with a big surprise for me – Senior divisions! Personally I have wished for a world standings list for 55K slalom for a long time. The IWSF list does not break it out this way but it would not be hard to re-aggregate to reflect all the 55K guys world wide.
</p>
<p>
The bummer is that you had to ski in Regionals, Nationals, or a BigDawg to get a score. You actually need 2 scores. I can see this is a reason for me to look for better then Class C events. Or I could do what I have done for years . . . look at the scores and see where I would place if had gone and skied my average.
</p>

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

Comments

• dislanddisland Posts: 1,489 Mega Baller
    Does anyone know if Regionals or Nationals scores are submitted to IWSF for adult 35+ skiers. I dont seem to see those scores reflected. If I remember only B3/G3 are skied as class L
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,675 Mega Baller
    disland - I'm pretty sure my Regionals score is how I got on that list.
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • HortonHorton Posts: 31,032 Administrator
    edited January 2010
    <p>
    Two things:
    </p>
    <p>
    This is the first time I have seen a IWSF list like this so it may be a work in progress
    </p>
    <p>
    The BOS55k is totally un-official. I would like claim that it is correct but it is only as good as the data I have.
    </p>

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

• DirtDirt Posts: 1,711 Open or Level 9 Skier
    I like to see what Horton got and add 1/4 buoy just to annoy him....whether I can beat him or not.
    I learned everything I know not to do from Horton
  • adamadam Posts: 48 Baller
    <p>
    It looks like IWWF is using any class E or above scores.  I have scores under my name for our class E Ken Mead memorial tournament in addition to my Regionals and Nationals scores.  If they are accepting class E's, then I'm not sure what the need is for class L anymore.  My division (M3) was skied under class E at the Regionals and Nationals I'm pretty sure.  Even though I'm still 44, they have me listed as a 45+ skier (a tougher division).  For AWSA, I still ski M3 until after the Nationals this year.  I think IWWF must be using the age of the skier at Nationals unlike AWSA who uses the skiers age on Jan 1.  The titles 35+, 45+, and 55+ are misleading.  It is really 35-44, 45-54, and 55+.  It would be nice if they also listed all the 34 MPH skiers as one grouping too.  The toughest division is the M4 group now. 
    </p>
    <p>
    Adam
    </p>
  • TomDTomD Posts: 54 Baller
    <p>
    I just posted a COMBINED list for 35+ 45+ and 55+ skiers, using the ISWF's data.  You can sort by male/female and view slalom, trick, jump and overall.  Go to <a href="http://www.tournamentwaterski.com/skierRank-senior.asp?wevent=s&wdate=2009-10-1&wdiv=m">http://www.tournamentwaterski.com/skierRank-senior.asp?wevent=s&wdate=2009-10-1&wdiv=m</a>
    </p>
    <p>
    This is at TournamentWaterSki.com
    </p>
    <p>
    Another problem with the IWSF jump rankings is there is no consistency in boat speed and ramp height.
    </p>
    <p>
     In the USA M4 and above have to go at 5' 31.7, internationaly I think they can go up to 35mph and 5.5 ft.
    </p>
    <p>
    Also due to the age cut off discrepancy a skier can be in 45+ and still have scores from M3 included.
    </p>
    <p>
    But heck its progress, and better than nothing, however if we are going to screw around with class L and IWSF shouldnt we standardize on the rules?
    </p>
    Oops IWWF, I forgot we spend most of our time coming up with new names. Glad to know my class L sanction money is going to a good cause
  • adamadam Posts: 48 Baller
    <p>
    Thanks TomD.  I like it.  How come you limited it to the first 100?  Just testing it out?  At least my name made it, but others may feel left out.
    </p>
    <p>
     Adam
    </p>
  • TomDTomD Posts: 54 Baller
    <p>
    Adam
    </p>
    <p>
    All skiers in the IWSF list are included.  If there are over 100, you need to click NEXT at the bottom of the page.
    </p>