Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

tourney advice needed

boarditupboarditup Posts: 585 Crazy Baller
edited January 2010 in Technique & Theory
<p>
In August, during the Nationals, I'll be putting on a tournament.  I know most of the elite skiers will be gone, but that leave the 90% at home wondering what to do.  I plan to have a two round tournament - WUSS and Wide Ride.  The rules I plan on using include:
</p>
<p>
30 mph top speed - then cut rope
</p>
<p>
Opening pass mulligan - you get a restart
</p>
<p>
4-pass minimum - but scoring starts after the first "good" pass
</p>
<p>
F-class rules
</p>
<p>
What else?  Give me the benefit of your insight.
</p>
<p>

</p>
Karl DeLooff - Powered by the wind

Comments

• RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,589 Mega Baller
    One thing the INT does well in the wide ride, is breaking it up into 3 divisions based on line length. We also like to give our Novice groups a drop at every end, whether they run a full pass or not.
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 1,036 Crazy Baller
    Big Ass Bar B Que!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of Beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Bikinis too!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
  • boarditupboarditup Posts: 585 Crazy Baller
    <p>
    I agree with the multiple divisions and the drop at the end.  Good points.
    </p>
    <p>
    I had planned on having a pure novice division with the mini-course as well.  I am really shooting for beginner families.  At the same time, we will have a boarding tournament - wakeboard and wakesurf.  There will be a prize for the best combined score.  The new 3-event.
    </p>
    <p>
    Bulldog - in my area, a beer infused event is not popular.  BBQ, yes.  Beer, no.  You can, however, bring your own.
    </p>
    Karl DeLooff - Powered by the wind
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 1,036 Crazy Baller
    Good point, not trying to offend. A full cooler is always a good ice breaker.
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"