Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

O'Brien Prodigy Bindings

FrankSFrankS Posts: 169 Baller
Has anyone tried the prodigy bindings? I'm looking for some new bindings and I can get some on SIA for really cheap. I'd like to know how they compare to the vapor boot which would be my choice if I weren't a broke college student.
Swervin'... It's what I do
Kelvin

Comments

• B_SB_S Posts: 205 Solid Baller
    I like mine, but they run quite small, so plan 1-2 sizes bigger than you normally wear. I have very narrow feet, wear 8-8 1/2 in shoes, and the Prodigy 9s barely fit.
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 761 Crazy Baller
    @B_S did you heat-mold your liners?
  • B_SB_S Posts: 205 Solid Baller
    @andjules yes I did.
  • CaleBurdickCaleBurdick Posts: 57 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    I use a prodigy for my back foot. Its a great binding for the front too, I just prefer something more stiff. I've no experience with the Vapor boot, sorry. I have a brand new prodigy on the shelf as my back up, I assume this one will fail eventually, I have been using it for 6 years! Good quality, and safe release mechanism(assuming they haven't changed it)
  • lundberglundberg Posts: 99 Baller
    I switched to double prodigy bindings the end of last year (came off EXOs). It was an easy transition but I have not had a bad fall yet to test the release. They do run small. I only have 24 sets on them but they appear to be very good quality.
  • GlydonGlydon Posts: 224 Baller
    edited June 1
    @lundberg I am running exo's and thinking of making the switch to the prodigy with a rtp , did they bolt right into your Syndicate/Ho ? thanks.
  • lundberglundberg Posts: 99 Baller
    @Glydon Yep. They come with both front and rear plates. If I remeber correctly you can even leave the exo release hardware on the ski, to test it out.