Last August @OB1
provided some great input on permanent course installation here
So we have begun the process but I had a few quick questions for you experts on the cross course setup specifically in reference to the image below:
- How far from the 'shore pin' should the 'downpull weight' be located? (need for hypotenuse calculation)
- How deep should the lowest portion of the crossline be at high water given a 2-3 foot water level fluctuation? (hypotenuse calculation again)
- How many pounds for the 'downpull weight'?
- Is the "compensator float" necessary?
- Any reason 1/2" hollow nylon twine couldnt be used instead of cable (much cheaper)?
Once again, many thanks for all your help.