Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reflex binding Mount question

bbruzzesebbruzzese Posts: 116 Baller
I just got my wife a new Vapor and am having trouble mounting the bindings in the correct position. The release mech mount screws interfere with the binding mount screws (see attached pic). Anybody else had this problem? How'd you get around it?

Thanks!

Comments

• BRYBRY Posts: 578 Crazy Baller
    edited May 2016
    I use a larger head screw and washer (more holding surface) and ground on one side of each till it fit. Can use a hand file but a Dremel is quicker.
  • Fehlindra Fehlindra Posts: 215 Baller
    maybe use an lowprofile hex screw and a wrench that you trim down so it fits under the other screw
  • skier2788skier2788 Posts: 676 Crazy Baller
    @bbruzzese I had a similar issue. Only way around mine was to order a monoplate and not use those inserts.
    Travis Torley
  • NandoNando Posts: 419 Crazy Baller
    I was able to loosen the release mount from the plate,insert the screw under it, re-tighten the release and mount it. It works fine. Just have to always screw that position into the ski first, but it fits and doesn't interfere with the release. Yours may be a little different, hard to tell- good luck.
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 727 Crazy Baller
    just sand off one side of a big washer problem solved
  • WaternutWaternut Posts: 1,511 Crazy Baller
    I used a countersunk screw and filed cut away the dimpled washer. Make sure you use loctite in those holes because they'll want to back out easier.
  • bbruzzesebbruzzese Posts: 116 Baller
    Was able remove release mech, position and attach binding then replace release mechanism. Thanks for,all the help!