Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HO Superlite TX

ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,624 Crazy Baller
edited May 2016 in Skis Fins Bindings
This has to be one of the most underrated skis. A ski buddy has improved his average by over 12 (3 to 4 at -28 up to 3 to 5 at -35) buoys in one season (2015). He turns 73 this month, went out today for the second time this season and right off the dock - 22 28 32 and 3 @ 35. This ski should be on top of the list for course skiers at 30 to 32 mph. Was on a Monza prior to this as he transitioned from 34mph to 32 to 30 mph top speed.
Bill22savaiusinibogboy

Comments

• Ralph LeeRalph Lee Posts: 492
    I'm intrigued
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,624 Crazy Baller
    Edit, with my contacts on I accidentally wrote... 20 buoys... Was 2 full passes 12+ buoys.
  • savaiusinisavaiusini Posts: 297 Water Ski Industry Professional
    Agreed! It's got all the guts of a Syndicate ski (PVC core, carbon fiber layup, adjustable fin block) in a shape far better suited to 30-32 mph! Bob LaPoint is still crushing -38s on his Superlite TX...
    Sam Avaiusini - Operations Manager, HO Sports Company, Snoqualmie, WA
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,455 Crazy Baller
    @ALPJr thanks for the info.

My friend just got a 67 TX (not superlite). I think it is going to work great for him at 64 years old, 30mph, -15.
    In gear. Hit It. Thank You!
  • motoxchpmotoxchp Posts: 8 New Baller
    How does the SL CX ski compare to the TX?
    savaiusini
  • wtrskiorwtrskior Posts: 704 Crazy Baller
    @motoxchp one is wider, and I can never remember which one!
  • WayneWayne Posts: 421 Baller
    TX is wider than CX.
  • ejjejj Posts: 77 Baller
    TX is the old Triumph basically.
    TX is roughly the same width as the old Triumph but totally new mold. TX also got updated with Clean Edge in 2015.

@motoxchp the CX and TX are both made in Superlite versions. These are about 20% lighter than the standard versions due to their lighter weight PVC cores and full carbon layups. These have a livlier feel similar to the Syndicate skis but in a more user friendly shape for 28-34mph.
  • OldboyIIOldboyII Posts: 542 Solid Baller
    edited June 2016
    If TX is shape of Triumph is must be very friendly and forgiving ski.
    When my NanoXT fell apart I took from garage old white Triumph and was amaized how much fun I got without losing performance, though I mostly free skiing (do not have much access to course).
    If HO added more edge grip (look at my pic. on Triumph :/ ) TH might be a ski of choise for many intermediate skiers (I'm the one of them)
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,455 Crazy Baller
    @ALPJr my ski buddy is really enjoying the TX. Now he just needs to get his powershells setup correct.
    In gear. Hit It. Thank You!
  • pgmoorepgmoore Posts: 193 Solid Baller
    @savaiusini Both the CX and TX seem rated for roughly the same speed. Any comments as to why a person would choose one over the other?
    Patrick Moore
    They both have a top end of 34mph, but the TX being wider is better suited to bigger riders or slower speeds.