Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Ever Personal Best

Fam-manFam-man Posts: 189 Baller
Exciting night last night, made my first ever PB - 15off 30mph

Have free skied for a few years, finally hooked up with a bunch of like minded individuals and we put a course in a public lake. After my first attempt I realized it would be much more challenging than videos make it look.
Started on the rec balls (narrow course) then began adding in some reds. Offside I would close off and was looking at the turn ball so was heading straight for it making the passes a frantic scramble. Last night I reminded myself to look at the back of the boat following every turn and made the pass and it was almost easy.
After exiting the course (barely making the gates) I cheered, fist pumped and had a huge grin. My wife was driving so she had no idea and the kids were judging the pass (ages 8, 5 & 3) so nobody really knew what was going on.

Pretty happy for my second set of passes through the course!
Bill22klindygregy[Deleted User]aupatkingdchristmanskibugThan_BoganALPJrjcamp6ballsBulldogAndreChadWkeithh2oskierscotchipmandropskiskiinxsBG1ryno65crashmangt2003bogboygsm_petersantangelo

Comments

• skiinxsskiinxs Posts: 556 Crazy Baller
    Congratulations! I had to break it to you, but now you are addicted:)
    kingshredd
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,348 Crazy Baller
    Second set, 15 off at 30! That's what I call remarkable! Congrats!
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,289 Mega Baller
    Great job @Fam-man like @skiinxs said, now the problem really starts! B)
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,142 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited June 2016
    Too cool! I remember my first time through...I think it was also 30 mph 15 off and I didn't know enough to release just ran it two handed.

Like the others mentioned above...the addiction is "ON"!
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 1,010 Crazy Baller
    Nice!!
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
  • Fam-manFam-man Posts: 189 Baller
    Hahah. @6Balls when I was learning to ski the father in law said "always keep 2 hands on the handle". This year has been learning a new ski, upgrade from a HO Mach 1 to a Radar Senate, learning to drop a hand and starting the course. Not bad for Alberta since usually I'm just starting skiing about now.
  • parkerc2112parkerc2112 Posts: 127 Baller
    My girlfriend just a week ago ran all 6 at 15/28mph. Grinned from ear to ear. It's an accomplishment and just the beginning.
    BG1ryno656ballsgsm_peter
  • epnaultepnault Posts: 270 Solid Baller
    Huge congrats.

I remember my first 15-30 pass and was able to capture it on video. It is one of my favorite skiing memories but like other said it led to an over the top addiction.

• MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,770 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Buoys are addictive. Sorry to tell you, but you're hooked!
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,142 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @scottscott lose that thought about 6 being easy after 5 right now before it's too late! (or before you are too late, so to speak!). A pass is never in the bag til you are out the end gates.
    Nice skiing!
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • ScottScottScottScott Posts: 851 Crazy Baller
    @6balls certainly wasn't thinking it while on the course.....but as I barely made it to the 5th ball after an offside cross (and having to pull a little longer than ideal) I had an onside turn and cross to make it back to 6, which I managed with some room to spare. With 4 being my previous best, I had a lot of offside work to do to get to 5 I stayed on 4 for quite a while before finally getting around 5. But once around 5 was able to keep going on around 6. Its all onside/offside, and being LFF its always been easier to get to 2,4,6 than 3 and 5. When I started trying the course the 1st obstacle was getting to 3. 4 came quick after that, and the goal became getting to 5. All along working on offside, offside, offside. And still working more on offside now get more consistency.....of course also working on not pulling to long on onside to set up the offside turn.
    6balls