Fun tournament

boarditupboarditup Posts: 585 Crazy Baller
edited February 2010 in News & Other Stuff
<p>
On August 7, 2010, at the same time as the Midwest Regionals, I will be offering a fun tournament -
</p>
<p>
Round 1 - WUSS - Wood Underground Ski Society - period wood skis - 30 mph top speed and then cut rope.  Must be old ski, bindings, and fin.  You can replace binding rubber if the same shape and hardware is used.
</p>
<p>
Round 2 - Wide Ride - basically INT rules except the thinner skis (Senate) cannot be used.  Theory - OK.  We are looking for the really wide skis.  30 mph top speed and then start cutting rope.
</p>
<p>
Other Lake
</p>
<p>
Round 1 - Wakeboarding
</p>
<p>
Round 2 - Wakesurfing
</p>
<p>
Awards for the best combined score in all four events as well as individual events.  Loose rules - mulligan first pass for slalom.  Minimum 4 passes, but only the first full passe until a miss is scored.
</p>
<p>

Any suggestions or feedback?
</p>
<p>
Site:  www.placidwaters.com
</p>
Karl DeLooff - Powered by the wind

Comments

• GKGK Posts: 141 Baller
    Sounds like fun.  The only thing that I would change is I'd throw in at least one round of standard slalom also.  Ideally it would be sanctioned Class C so the score would count towards rankings if you skied well, but probably wouldn't have to be.  My Buckeye Buoy Tour events have been designed around "fun and competition" but I made sure to maintain a format that would allow for the average tournament skier to still participate.  It would be tough to fill the event without some long-time tournament skiers.
    Greg Kuenning - Cincinnati, OH