Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pro Slalom Waterskiing Men's semifinals - Charlotte, MI 1990

HortonHorton Posts: 29,000 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly  ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar 

Stella Blue ★ Stokes ★ World WaterSki League

9400WishMISkierBruce_Butterfield

Comments

• MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,819 Mega Baller
    edited June 2016
    You're welcome. Sorry about the lack of audio. My video card that I used to digitize from VHS didn't work well.

But, if you could hear the video, they would be explaining that Mike Kjellander was on a new ski and was having some adjustment issues. You can see that his pass was pretty wild.

I loved watching the coverage on ESPN "Hot Summer Nights". The heyday of water skiing.

P.S. I also posted the finals from that same tournament. The crowds there were pretty big.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • mopowpowmopowpow Posts: 318 Baller
    Loved going to the pro tour in Minneapolis late 80s and early 90s. My husband still has a t-shirt from 1989.
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,349 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited June 2016
    I still have my comp bib on my office wall...Michelob Dry was the sponsor in St. Paul that year. Those were the days...
    I had one of those crazy Jobe 1600's that Riechard is showing in the interview with Grimditch.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • BlueSkiBlueSki Posts: 759 Crazy Baller
    I still have an old Michelob Dry tour t shirt that I gave my son. He packed it and wore it when we stopped by LaPoint Ski Park and he met KLP. Kris noticed right away and gave him a nonchalant "hey, cool shirt."
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,819 Mega Baller
    In the interview, Reichard is talking about how to absorb rough water with a slight knee bend. This particular tournament was very windy. The conditions were a bit tough.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • WishWish Posts: 8,014 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Oh...loooky there.. Announcing in LINE ON not off. Guess it helps the audience understand what is going on...just sayn.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,676 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    It was a whole different kettle of fish back then!
    I'm Ancient. WTH do I know?
  • rodltg2rodltg2 Posts: 1,051 Crazy Baller
    Those dudes look like NBA players '
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 2,138 Mega Baller
    A special time for the pro ranks, the industry and great sport of waterskiing