Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trophy lakes tournament

Tmoney28Tmoney28 Posts: 3 Baller
edited June 2016 in Other Stuff
Not gonna lie. I went to this thing today, saturday, expecting some good skiing but it was more of a relaxed event for the young-uns. Some of them skied very well and their forms put mine to shame. They do as much as I can with a lot less and I can tell they get a lot of proper practice. Too bad the wind was too high and the chop crossed that border from "man-up" into "forget it". I'll try to go again tomorrow and see how it goes. If any of you were there and saw a younger bald man in a sky-blue shirt then that was me.

Comments

• MSMS Posts: 4,883 Mega Baller
    It may have been relaxed but they have some of the top officials and equipment in the country running the ELR event. If you go tomorrow, go check out the equipment in the scoring area. Minnesota has some top notch JR skiers and most are there along with some M4/M5 guys that can tear it up. It suck that the wind is holding things back.
    Shut up and ski
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,869 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    July 9-10 at TLE in New Germany. My first tourney as assistant safety. Hoping to ski half-decent still working my way back post multiple spine surgeries...coming along but not where I wanna be yet. Come join us!
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • BrennanKMNBrennanKMN Posts: 373 Crazy Baller
    I am hoping to make an appearance at TLE next weekend. I won't be skiing but it will be nice to meet some ballers and shake some hands.
  • gjohnsongjohnson Posts: 289 Baller
    It was so brutal on Saturday, some of the kiddos went off the dock at 17 mph on a short board. Many adults skipped the day entirely. We were drinking beer early.

So far @Razorskier1 @RazorRoss3 @6balls @thager are on the list for next Saturday in NG. The lake is skiing great right now. Should see some high scores
    Greg Johnson ~ Team Beer
  • MSMS Posts: 4,883 Mega Baller
    I gotta work
    Shut up and ski
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    @gjohnson -- going to be a fast tournament if there's only four of us!
    Jim Ross
  • gjohnsongjohnson Posts: 289 Baller
    @Razorskier1 indeed. The weather is looking solid for the next week. NG is going to be ready to rip!
    Greg Johnson ~ Team Beer
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,869 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @gjohnson holy smokes won't be much rest, eh?
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • Tmoney28Tmoney28 Posts: 3 Baller
    Didnt make it there. :(
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    Great conditions. You missed Mark Brandt running 1.5 at 41 off behind George Lindy (chief driver). Pretty incredible.
    Jim Ross