Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wake shape/surf gate for 07 Malibu Response LXi

adam12adam12 Posts: 1
Any advice on creating an occasional surf wake for an 07 Malibu RLXi with wedge? We have always been course skiers but the option to lake surf on occasion without buying a new boat would be great. If anyone has found a good combination of after market surf gate and internal ballast with Bu wedge, please let me know. Thanks all and happy skiing this weekend.

Comments

• DmaxJC_skiDmaxJC_ski Posts: 346 Solid Baller
    1 fat sack and the wedge would suffice, I know guys who surf with just the wedge itself which is equivalent to 1250lb behind an lxi
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,965 Mega Baller
    If you have the locking wedge, you probably don't need much ballast. With the non-locking wedge, you need more weight. Sometimes, just having some people sit on the back seat is enough to get a curl going, especially if the weight is off center.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • Niles TaylorNiles Taylor Posts: 58 Baller
    Lots of info on the mc forum. Other brand owners chiming in as well...

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=1262105
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,597 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Take a look on the themalibucrew forums, lots of threads on the various home brew and mfg surfgate type attachments so that you don't have to sink one side of the boat.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • Peter_BPeter_B Posts: 22 Baller
    Be careful with any of the direct drives. Leaning is a fast way to get the uphill exhaust manifold to overheat and start leaking around the (now dry) elbows, and cause future issues. Burying the rubrail on a corner adds to chance of water getting into the boat, and so on.... I have customer with a TXi that attempts this with ballast and people, and it hasn't worked out so far.....