Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mastercraft Parts - Who should I order from ?

2tracmind2tracmind Posts: 49 Baller
I need a new fuel pump on my 2006 mastercraft tournament team, where do you recommend I order my parts from ?
Thanks

Comments

• wtrskiorwtrskior Posts: 704 Crazy Baller
    Skidim are great people. Should be able to hook you up
    PSM
  • LLUSALLUSA Posts: 277 Crazy Baller
    I still try Rambo in Hazel Green Al ask for Lex he can hook you up, although no longer an MC dealer still a large inventory of parts and if not he will tell you where
    LLUSA, Sr Driver, AWSA Board of Directors, Towboat Committee,Lake Owner
  • AndreAndre Posts: 1,252 Mega Baller
    Don't go to the dealer!!!
    Read this instead and buy from NAPA and such.
    You'll save like 500$...
    http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=25783&highlight=fuel+pump
    skihart
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,985 Mega Baller
    Second for Rambo Marine, and SkiDim (Discount Inboard Marine)
  • DWDW Posts: 2,057 Mega Baller
    @2tracmind : How handy are you v. cost savings may influence your choice. It is a very common GM fuel pump basically in a plastic housing, good detail in the thread Andre posted. I would steer towards an AC Delco unit, I had bad luck doing a pump swap with the Airtex alternative (basically a China made pump) in my truck, it only lasted 6 months. From the thread detail, the Carter may also simply be a rebranded Airtex pump, since it seems to have a matching part number. Pumps take a bit of dexterity to disassemble and reassemble.
  • LarsLars Posts: 166 Baller
    Had this same thing happen on mine 2 summers ago. I was headed out of town and needed to fix it fast for the family so I dropped in the whole assembly that i got from my local dealer (waterskis.com) I saved the old one though so I can rebuild it for the next time it will inevitably go out.
  • skihartskihart Posts: 511 Solid Baller
    I agree with @Andre do it yourself. I did mine 5 years ago and it ran perfect ever since.