Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When Your Buddy (@Bill22) Tries Your Wife's Ski

Ok, the last one was on a really short modified wooden ski Bill brought for fun. The first two were on a pink ski. She has been complaining about the ski doesn't want to turn on her offside. I ask Billy to ski on it to show her it's not the ski, He says sure, I'll ski anything once....then this happened...twice. My wife was all... See, I told you it is the ski...LMAO!
Texas6pgmooreBill22keithh2oskierShakeski

Comments

• Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,197
    It's tough when they are right by such a large margin
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
    NautibynaturepgmooreBill22keithh2oskier
  • OldboyIIOldboyII Posts: 586 Solid Baller
    edited August 2016
    Now Bill knows something about hidden extrasensory abilities of your wife B)
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,664 Mega Baller
    edited August 2016
    Thanks Jon! Appreciate it bud. (end sarcastic tone) You left out the one when I almost crashed the pink ski and did some goofy looking save.
    Nautibynature
    @Texas6 I was ready to rip some turns. I may have been a little over confident.

My home made version of the Super Skat. And yes I did a deep water start on the first try!
  • Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 1,118 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @Bill22 What's that sticker on the right hand side of your window?
    It's a Seth Stisher skiseth.com sticker.
  • ScarletArrowScarletArrow Posts: 808 Crazy Baller
    I know you can't possibly please everyone (or even very few), but as a child of the 90's your choice of music made it very difficult to get through that video. ;)
    Anthony Warren
    Pat M
  • NautibynatureNautibynature Posts: 149 Baller
    I was an 80's kid and will jam Funky Cold Medina and Wild Thing....I thought Wild Thing was a good fit because apparently that ski is a Wild Thing!
    @ScarletArrow we'll find some Nirvana for you next time. I spoke to you briefly at the BBT the day before Ohio state. You guys in Ohio put on a fun tournament. I would surely come back to Van Wert.
  • OldboyIIOldboyII Posts: 586 Solid Baller
    edited August 2016
    As a kid of 70's I can easily find music for other activities such as "love not war" and other good stuff ;) , but certainly it would be hard for me to find fit for water slalom )))
    Nautibynature
  • ScarletArrowScarletArrow Posts: 808 Crazy Baller
    @Bill22 Sweet! I remember. That BBT was very full (55 skiers) which is usual right before States). I like the BBT's to have about 30 skiers max. We're in St. Mary's next year for States, just a half hour down the road - hope you come back!
    Anthony Warren
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,975 Mega Baller
    If my wife wanted a new ski I would buy her one immediately. That would just pave the way for when I wanted to buy a new ski. I certainly wouldn't try to convince her the problems were all of her own making.
    Mark Shaffer
    dchristmanThan_BoganIlivetoskiBill22
    She is on a 65" HO Ladies CX, Front binding and fin are at factory settings, Bill suggested moving the rear binding back after he rode it. She skied on his Radar and looked alot better, specifically on her offside. The CX is supposed to be a 34 mph crossover ski, it must be the way it's setup. I'm on a CX superlite and love it. @savaiusini any ideas?
    Another thing is there are no ski shops local to us so we don't have the opportunity to demo skis before we buy.
    @Nautibynature can you start a new discussion called "setup on wife's ski" or what ski for my wife? And not "hey look at this goofball Bill"

hope someone got a good laugh out of this. I sure did.
    Nautibynature
    It wasn't you it was the ski lol!
    It's never the ski. haha
    @ScarletArrow cool! St. Mary's is 1hr 20 min from my in-laws, that's doable. Just sent you a PM.
  • savaiusinisavaiusini Posts: 350 Water Ski Industry Professional
    @Nautibynature hard to tell what's going on there at this distance... try moving the front boot back just a bit.
    Sam Avaiusini - Operations Manager, HO Sports Company, Snoqualmie, WA
    @Nautibynature given that it is a CX which is a good ski and assuming it fits the ski should be fine. Have you put a caliper on the fin to make sure it isn't grossly off and made sure the bindings are in the right spot on the ski with a tape measure not just setting them to the middle holes?
    Mark Shaffer
    Than_BoganBill22
    @Chef23 yes, @Bill22 measured it as well. Fin was checked and set to facrory settings by one of the coaches at Ski Paradise back in Feb.
    Sounds like she needs a new ski :)
    Mark Shaffer
    Bill22
  • skialexskialex Posts: 973 Crazy Baller
    To much tip, is the fin adjustable? Try moving front boot back or take out some length or both.
    edited August 2016
    Front binding is at 28.75" (to the rubber of animals). Fin only has DFT adjustment. I didn't check DFT because she said it was checked in Acapulco.

I'm 5 lbs over the recommend range. The video was taken at 32mph. Maybe the fiberglass version doesn't like much tip pressure?

Edit: and currently no wing.
    But @Chef23 we may need an intervention, she wants a flextail.