Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is behind your Vapor?

Following the earlier Reflex boot thread, I am curious about what other rear boot set ups people are using with a front Vapor or Strada.

I have been using double RS-1 on the Sequence plate for years and was about to upgrade to the new Vapors. I run my rear boot very loose and was considering maybe going to the Vector or HRT
Bruce Smith

Comments

• wtrskiorwtrskior Posts: 704 Crazy Baller
    I would not recommend going to a vector or any other rear boot where the liner doesn't come out. From my own personal experience those boots do not released as well as the strada/vapor. I Feel if you are running the vapor front, your options are as follows for The rear: vapor, hrtp, rtp, possibly reflex rtype if you are considering going reflex front.

If you are good running rear super loose trying the hrtp or even an rtp could be beneficial.

andjules
  • PorkfightPorkfight Posts: 180 Baller
    Early this season, I went from Vector (tight lower and loose upper) to HRT and the transition has been smooth. A full rear boot seemed pointless the way I was tensioning it.

Front is a Vector but I don't see a "What's behind your Vector" thread on the horizon :p
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,655
    Vector and Profile will release just fine if you do them up right. Wear a sock if your that worried about it, you will fly out of them. I run a cut down vector behind my Vapor boot and will switch to an Reflex R style as soon as it arrives.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski - KD Platinum

• andjulesandjules Posts: 819 Crazy Baller
    edited September 2016
    @Porkfight I understand the thinking:
    A full rear boot seemed pointless the way I was tensioning it.

But (I think) just that little bit of lateral stiffness in the Vapors makes a world of difference, regardless of how tight you do the bungees. It's an interesting experiment: if you don't tighten (even your front) boot, you may find you ski pretty close to your best in loose vapors. My 2¢.
    Porkfight
  • cragginshredcragginshred Posts: 693 Crazy Baller
    edited September 2016
    2 Vapor boots!
    Soon to be carbitex
    Vapor pro 2017
  • vtjcvtjc Posts: 239 Baller
    2 Strada Boots, due for replacement.
  • JC McCavitJC McCavit Posts: 497
    edited September 2016
    Always double Radar boots, now 2 Vapor Carbitex boots on sequence plate. Wear rear boot loose. Reason for double boots is to keep feet warm in cold water. I use the stiffeners with the front boot, but not the back boot.
    JC McCavit
    wtrskiorschafer
  • PorkfightPorkfight Posts: 180 Baller
    @andjules, I will likely go the Vapor route when my front Vector is done, probably by the end of this season.
  • JordanJordan Posts: 1,170 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Toe loop
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,254 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Vector RTP on mine
    Scott Calderwood
  • fu_manfu_man Posts: 420 Crazy Baller
    @Porkfight I tried the Vapors after the Vectors and although they were really comfortable I didn't like the lateral stiffness. I went with Profiles instead and they are a happy medium between the two. FYI as you make your decision.
    Porkfight
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,254 Mega Baller
    Vapor front with a Wiley rear. I could never get the dual Vapors to work, I was always getting tip rise on hook up.
    Shut up and ski
  • JWebSkiJWebSki Posts: 90 Baller
    RTP
  • SethroSethro Posts: 272 Solid Baller
    Radar adjustable rear toe plate for me. I had an HO adjustable RTP but my foot slipped out a couple of times injuring ribs once. Knock on wood my foot hasn't even slipped to a different position with the Radar.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,961 Mega Baller
    Strada front with a RTP.
    Mark Shaffer
  • DekeDeke Posts: 381 Baller
    RS-1 front with Wiley toe rubber mounted directly to Sequence plate (No plate on RTP)