Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ski coaching in California

We have been travelling to Orlando for the past 4 years from the UK for coaching, but fancied a change for 2017.

I have looked at Sunset but they have changed their offering and don't do a 5/6 day package anymore.

Any one got any suggestions for a weeks coaching?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• wski1831wski1831 Posts: 118 Baller
    Bell Aqua lake 1 in Rio Linda might work. clubbellacqua.com I just typed in bell acqua and it came up
  • TallSkinnyGuyTallSkinnyGuy Posts: 541 Crazy Baller
    skiliquidzone.com
    I tried to schedule something this summer with Terry Winter at Liquid Zone, but after he emailed me saying he was still trying to work out his schedule he never got back to me again. I think there is another coach there that lives in the area and is therefore around more consistently.

I would like to expand your question to ask if anyone has opinions on who are the best coaches in the Sacramento area.
  • HockdogHockdog Posts: 183 Baller
    Willi Ellemeier at Williwaterski.com, coaches in NorCal and Mexico.
    ALPJrJdubs
  • rodltg2rodltg2 Posts: 1,051 Crazy Baller
    It sounds like he's looking more for a place with accommodations and a week of skiing. Not a one day lesson. Don't know if sunsets short schedule is back to back but you could book two stays.
  • coxjoncoxjon Posts: 43 Baller
    My wife and I are looking for a 5 day ski school, accommodation not essential as we could find locally.

@Horton now there's a deal and we love kids. Where about are you? Think you would find it harder putting up with us haha
  • chris55chris55 Posts: 329 Solid Baller
    @coxjon you can go to Swiss ski school or Swiss ski resort in Orlando and if you get in touch with Clint Stadlbaur, he is part owner and runs the school, great place to ski.
    www.swissskischool.com/
    Thanks @chris55 , we have been skiing in Orlando the past 4 years and are looking at California (SF, LA, Sacremento) this next year.
  • rodltg2rodltg2 Posts: 1,051 Crazy Baller
    edited September 2016
    Maybe consider bow lake in Washington. I don't know anything other than what's on the website. Seems pretty good. Gets you on the west coast at least ! Short flight or long drive to California.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,964 Mega Baller
    I am not aware of any ski schools on the West Coast besides Sunset. If you are interested in going there it would probably be worth contacting them and seeing if they would put something together for you.
    Mark Shaffer
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,891 Administrator
    @coxjon I don't run to ski school. If you're driving between LA and San Francisco we are on the way I'll be happy to give you a couple of rides. Besides that I don't know.

I suggest you come to California and just enjoy yourselves. Get your ski coaching somewhere else.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• bishop8950bishop8950 Posts: 1,140 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    There are places you can get rides, but sunset is the only proper ski school I am aware of. Work out something there if you can. I suggest more of a safari than a week in one place. Lots of great places to ski so sample the variety.
  • cragginshredcragginshred Posts: 693 Crazy Baller
    If you go to Yosemite pm me for rides at my lake 2 hours from the park!
    Vapor pro 2017
  • bishop8950bishop8950 Posts: 1,140 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    definitely ski with Marcus
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,291 Mega Baller
    edited September 2016
    I will come watch Buford Danger @Horton and teach u how to run 39, but you better stock your fridge
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
    MuskokaKyColeGiacopuzzi
    Boom! @SkiDawg you send the beer list and I will go shopping.

MuskokaKy
  • ColeGiacopuzziColeGiacopuzzi Posts: 434 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    That's a pretty sweet deal @Horton @skidawg will get you going!
    MattP
  • bigtex2011bigtex2011 Posts: 483 Crazy Baller
    ck his handle @skidawg
  • TallSkinnyGuyTallSkinnyGuy Posts: 541 Crazy Baller
    @MarcusBrown Please promote your coaching program on this site next year. Looking forward to having more coaching options in the Sac area next season.
    MuskokaKy
    @Horton you want to do lessons out in Bako? we'll open a ski school.
    Noooooo

@brettmainer no no no

• wtrskiorwtrskior Posts: 704 Crazy Baller
    How are there no ski schools here?

MuskokaKyandjules
    @wtrskior wow where is that?
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 795 Mega Baller
    John Steiner was on Shasta and Pat Kennelly was also somewhere in the Bay Area back then.
  • colo_skiercolo_skier Posts: 784 Solid Baller
    edited September 2016
    @coxjon Arvin CA. intergalactic leaders head quarters, 4 lakes over to the left from the paradise star. Fantastic place to ski. Need to get back there.
    Not sure I know what I am doing. The boat goes I follow. Trying to perfect the deep water start. Squirrel!
  • keithh2oskierkeithh2oskier Posts: 528 Crazy Baller
    @coxjon Ball of Spray HQ is some where on those lakes. Its Arvin, CA which is between LA and the Bay Area.
    In case people are curious.

The lakes on the far right are Creekside North & South (I Have a place on the top right)

The next 2 lakes to the left are paradise, one is empty in this photo from being redug.

The nest 3 lakes to the left are Ski West Village.

The next one over is Precision AKA BallOfSpray HQ. (Horton's Lake)

The next one over is 7th Heaven.

Next one is Adobe Ski Ranch.

And the last 3 are Ironwood ski Ranch. One is empty.
    schaferAndrescotchipman