Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BOS Cash Prize events - you have to go in 2017

Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
OK Ballers. Second year was every bit as great as the first! If you set aside time and money for one big event next year make it a BOS Cash Prize. You will have the time of your life and meet a whole bunch of Ballers and skiers of all ages. What a great concept and a great time! I'm in for 2017!
Jim Ross
Than_BoganToddLMattPusaski1skidawg

Comments

• gregygregy Posts: 2,583 Mega Baller
    Agree, Really fun, I haven't been to a tournament that I wasn't skiing against myself since college which made it interesting. But meeting folks that I only know on BOS was the best part. The attitude on the shore was so relaxed, lots of joking, cheering etc.
  • usaski1usaski1 Posts: 739 Crazy Baller
    edited October 2016
    The Cash Prize events get me so much more pumped than just a class C/R ect. 3 pulls, A dinner, great friends. You don't have to be deep into shortline to be in the coin. Also get to see some great skiing in the H2H. Also provides the chance for us amateurs to win some money. Where else can I get all that? Can't get it at nats, can't get it at a big dawg, can't get it at my local tourney. Sure, you might win your plane ticket, a ski, or a sandwich, but there is an opportunity here that does not exist at other tourneys. This is a thing, and I'm totally hooked. I did 2 events this year, and I plan on doing at least that next year.
    Mark Turner -- Water skiing changed my life forever.
    TFINALPJrMattPdisland
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,334 Mega Baller
    Me too
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
  • GlockGlock Posts: 192 Baller
    Are the events going to be at the same locations next year?
  • HortonHorton Posts: 28,277 Administrator
    2017? Holy Crap people I have not nearly recovered from 2016. I have no idea.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ McClintock's

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Razorskier1
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    @Horton overwhelmed -- I love it!
    Jim Ross
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,228 Mega Baller
    Seattle in August 2017 ?????? @brooks ?
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
    ColeGiacopuzzi
  • ColeGiacopuzziColeGiacopuzzi Posts: 441 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    That would be sick!! @richarddoane Definitely want to hit more of the BOS cash prizes next year, Bell Aqcua was a blast!
    RichardDoane
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,826 Mega Baller
    Bring it to Illinois!!
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,367 Mega Baller
    @Razorskier1 New Germany
    Shut up and ski
    RazorRoss3BrennanKMN
    @MS - need to be set up for record capable type tournament. We don't have the equipment or expertise.
    Jim Ross
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,298 Mega Baller
    Landrie and I will be attending all of them.
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
    RazorRoss3usaski1MattP
    @skidawg you would take a child to @ms's house?

MattP
  • RazorRoss3RazorRoss3 Posts: 1,347 Mega Baller
    Technically a new Germany stop would likely be @Razorskier1 's house. @ms is 2 hours away.
    @RazorRoss3 hmmm is that far enough from @ms?

RazorRoss3
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,228 Mega Baller
    @Razorskier1 - set it up as a class C
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,983 Mega Baller
    Northeast ?
    h2onhk
    @richarddoane - if Horton wanted to we could do it class C. 2 lake site, but not much in the way of wind protection, so it could turn out badly if the wind doesn't play nice. No homes there but people could camp, and I can put up quite a few folks at my house 20 minutes from the site.
    Jim Ross
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,032 Mega Baller
    edited October 2016
    I skipped Regionals and Nationals this year to go to the Austin BOS event it was a good decision.

Great People. Awesome Boats. Cash Money. Good Beer. Lots of Skiing.
    RichardDoaneusaski1ALPJr
    @Mattp, neither of us got to participate in the "cash money" part, but the other 4 things make it worth it on their own!
    edited October 2016
    @RazorRoss3 What do you mean you did not participte in the CASH MONEY part of the evert? If you had kicked ass on Sunday you could have taken home a grand!$!

RazorRoss3
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,032 Mega Baller
    @RazorRoss3 oh I participated and blew it in the Finals!
    Hortonusaski1
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,298 Mega Baller
    Even though @MS hates kids, he is afraid of the pterodactyl
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
    Razorskier1The_MS
    @Horton, poor wording choice on my part. Was simply trying to make fun of @MattP for his performance... or lack of on Sunday and make fun of myself for getting the boot in the round of 16 to a very talented skier which resulted in neither of us walking away with $$$ in our pockets. We were still able to enjoy the beer, food, great site, great boats, and people. Was fun last year, was fun this year, and I have a suspicion it will be fun next year as well.
    MattPusaski1Razorskier1
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,823 Mega Baller
    This invention is on fire, @Horton! Part of your tournaments' success is your ability to attract pros/elite participants.

Hey, let's add $15 to the entry fee and add a kick @$$ shirt for participating competitors.

BO$ CA$H PRIZE 2017
    Somewhere on the shirt it should say "tournaments that don't suck".

Heck, if you make a 2015 and 2016 commemorative versions, I'd buy those, too.

@BOS_Shirts
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
    skidawgthager
    meh.

• gregygregy Posts: 2,583 Mega Baller
    Landrie skied right after me last weekend. Very nice, but very tough and competitive. My money would be on Landrie.
    skidawgHorton
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,367 Mega Baller
    Take your head off man
    Shut up and ski
  • BOS_ShirtsBOS_Shirts Posts: 89 Baller
    @ToddL @Horton I'd be glad to help make a Cash Prize shirt happen. Event shirts rock. Wouldn't have to be done through TeeSpring either.
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,823 Mega Baller
    I'll get @MattL to sketch out some ideas, too.
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.