Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Houston area ski sites

AgustafsonAgustafson Posts: 55 Baller
edited April 2010 in News & Other Stuff
I'll be traveling to Houston this next week for work and have all day Friday as a free day , I was thinking of bringing my ski with me and wanted to know if anyone knew of any places that I could pay per set to ski at?? Been skiing lately here in the NW but want to dip into some water temp that's above 52, thanks for your time!!

Comments

• RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,243 Mega Baller
    Andy - years ago OF & I skied at a Nautique dealers ski site outside of Houston, it was reasonably priced for practice sessions w/o coaching.  The years was 2000, INT US Champs - if I only knew then what I know now.....
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • Old MS AccoutOld MS Accout Posts: 2,114 Baller
    <p>
    That was Mullers. It was bought by M2 and M2 is now somewhere else.
    </p>
    <p>
    Shane is the offical BOS Houston rep and he may have some info.
    </p>
    <p>
    Check out M2 ski school on Google.. 
    </p>
    As I remember, charles Muller was quite a skier back then, what ever happened to that guy ?
  • AggieSkierAggieSkier Posts: 200 Baller
    http://www.nautiqueway.com/Lessons.htm is the site Richard visited on south side of Houston

http://m2ski.com/adultlessons.php is on east side of Houston. Former location of Mike Munn's ski school

Charles Mueller is selling Nautiques just north of Houston in Conroe See http://www.dmboats.com/staff.asp
    Charles is selling Nautiques and still skis.
    he must not ski any tournaments, no ranking list score for him
    Just for fun and ex.  
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,085
    <p>
    Give me a call at 281.686.4272 when you are here. I could probably get free on Friday to go ski. Our water hasn't been exactly warm, though. LOL. It was mid 60s today.
    </p>
    <p>
    Yes, Charles is one HELL of a skier. 2 at 41 if I recall when he was in M1. He's been hampered the last 4-5 years due to an achilles injury, then a knee injury, from jumping. His new nautique dealership is about 5 minutes from our ski lake and he's supposed to start skiing with us again once the water warms up a bit.
    </p>
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• east tx skiereast tx skier Posts: 595 Solid Baller
    I thought I read that M2 bought Banana Bend and had set up shop over there.  I skied that site a few years ago.  The turn arounds are scary, but it's pretty nice.  It's an old sand pit.
    Perpetual Longline Baller. Tyler Ski Club, Tyler, Texas.
    My real name is in my profile.

www.tylerskiclub.com