Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

House and ski lake for sale in Sacramento area

TallSkinnyGuyTallSkinnyGuy Posts: 550 Crazy Baller
Anyone want to buy a nice house with a private ski lake? This one is above my budget, but a guy can dream:
Ski lake for sale
ricoRAK

Comments

• Chef23Chef23 Posts: 6,063 Mega Baller
    Think you can add a few houses? That might make it more affordable.
    Mark Shaffer
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,209
    A mil and a half is a lot of money. But that is a lot of site for the money.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

ski6jonesThan_BoganRazorRoss3chrisroddy
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,202 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
    Looks real Kewl, but my wife, does not drive the boat, spend my days looking at glass, so will have to give it a miss.

Addicted To Carbon Fibre

• keithh2oskierkeithh2oskier Posts: 681 Crazy Baller
    I skied there a number of years back. There wasn't much room besides what you see. I think it would be near impossible to host a tournament to even have enough parking for that many people.

That being said, its a pretty sweet property and I wouldn't mind owning it since its a short 15-20 min commute from my work.
  • ski6jonesski6jones Posts: 1,123 Mega Baller
    edited October 2016
    I've always wanted to live around there. Near the mountains, nice lakes, the river, Bay area and not to far for a day trip too the coast.
    Carl Addington, Lakes of Katy, Texas
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,413 Mega Baller
    Buy it @ski6jones and we shall come visit
    NWA....Heaven on earth!
    ski6jones
    Perhaps I could sign on as grounds keeper. That's about as close as I'll ever get to a place like that.
    jdarwin
  • jdarwinjdarwin Posts: 1,381 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Damn - for 1/3 of that, you can have my place! I'll even throw in a driver!
    Joe Darwin
    ski6jones
  • rodltg2rodltg2 Posts: 1,051 Crazy Baller
    Not a bad price considering what you get. In 1.5 mil Bay Area that would get you a shack. I've flown over and driven past it but never been there. If one could sell memberships or run a ski school that would defiantly help offset the cost. Of course you need the cheddar to get in there first !
    Lake house with driver and job driving forklift for Ward? Very tempting!
    jdarwinskidawg
    jdarwinskidawgThe_MS
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,794 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Seems cheap. 1.5 million will just barely get you a nice house that size on a small lot on one of the bigger public lakes around here.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    BrennanKMNMISkier
  • TallSkinnyGuyTallSkinnyGuy Posts: 550 Crazy Baller
    How much annual cost would there be to maintain a place like this?
    I assume the like level is maintained by pumping from a well, so electricity cost along with water and shoreline maintenance. Then overall grounds maintenance. Any educated guesses?
    Property taxes would be ridiculous.
    RazorRoss3
  • TallSkinnyGuyTallSkinnyGuy Posts: 550 Crazy Baller
    Well, apparently somebody thought this was a good deal and had the necessary funding, because the sale is now "pending" -- an offer has been accepted. Will be interesting to see if it is kept private or if they make a new ski club. Or maybe a ski school like someone suggested earlier.
  • JoepruncJoeprunc Posts: 308 Baller
    Skied there a few times too...The course isn't always set up, and there are no magnets.

You can rent it on VRBO for a lot less that $1.5mm
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,131 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    @ski6jones At least being in CA you know they are spending those tax dollars wisely.
    Shut up and ski
    ski6joneskeithh2oskierTexas6
  • keithh2oskierkeithh2oskier Posts: 681 Crazy Baller
    CA, Tax Dollars, wisely. Those are 4 words that have never been spoken in the history of humanity.
    ski6jonesRazorRoss375Sangerflat
  • jimbrakejimbrake Posts: 1,390 Mega Baller
    @TallSkinnyGuy - maintenance cost - high to quite high unless you are retired and that's how you have fun. Also, unless the arrangement has changed, they have an allotment from the local irrigation district - canal water, which is good stuff. I don't know if they ever had difficulty making it through the year on their allotment. I haven't skied there since the early 2000s. Also, to your point about whether it is kept private or if they make a new ski club - how much you want to bet a non-skier buys it and uses the lake for either fishing, looking at, or nothing? I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

@MS - dude. Whatthe____ever. I'm sure your wonderful, flat, cold, wet state has it all completely dialed. Amiright?
    "...all of the basic fun banter"
    @jimbrake are you kidding, I am from the state that elected Al Frankin. He can waste money with the best of them. We got nothing figured out here.
    Shut up and ski
    RazorRoss3
  • SkiOrDieSkiOrDie Posts: 48 Baller
    @MS Don't forget about Jesse "The Body" Ventura!
    I still have my T-shirts and yard signs
    Shut up and ski
  • rodltg2rodltg2 Posts: 1,051 Crazy Baller
    I hope it doesn't turn into a rice field like the lake some miles north. What a shame !
    Magee
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,197
    At $1.5M, I assure you the man behind the labor of love that built this place, is completely losing his ass
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
    ski6jonesoldjeep
  • jimbrakejimbrake Posts: 1,390 Mega Baller
    @Texas6 - ? Not sure if you are referring specifically to equity or something else. Equity might be decent as they bought/built in the early '90s. They did put a lot into it, though, for sure. "He" might not even be involved anymore after the split which was several years ago. I hope the buyer is a skier, too.
    "...all of the basic fun banter"
    I am referring purely to the cost to build excavate, plant trees, etc etc. versus the asking price. I think many would be shocked by how much just excavation costs, before you do anything else. That's a good deal is what I'm saying
  • pacopaco Posts: 96 Baller
    Anyone check out the estimated monthly payment on a 30yr loan?!?! $7500 bucks a month! Funny they figured that, you better have the money in the bank if you look at a place like this!
  • LakeOneSkierLakeOneSkier Posts: 299 Solid Baller
    edited October 2016
    Just for reference... and not that there is any correlation or logic in Northern CA real estate... but in 2002 excavation costs for a ski lake within 10 miles of this one was $125k, and cost of the 40 acres of land was $230k.
    Baller Index: -31.67
    That's a heck of a deal on digging a lake. I've heard numbers commonly in he 500k range of excavating, grading, etc. Perhaps moving clay in Texas is far more expensive than digging whatever you Californians have in the ground