Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Switching Feet

Anybody see Parrish's instagram post running 35 Rt foot forward....unbelievable...

Comments

• skiinxsskiinxs Posts: 559 Crazy Baller
    Video is in mirror mode. Look at the backwards Nautique on the back seat.
    Hortonskialexpumpinpete
  • HortonHorton Posts: 28,146 Administrator
    edited October 2016

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

MuskokaKypumpinpete
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,653 Mega Baller
    Common @Horton! That should be at least a Quad Panda!!!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • ScottScottScottScott Posts: 869 Crazy Baller
    And that funky course with the 1 ball on the right and the 6 ball on the left...... :D
    Lars
    @thager Triple is enough. First @bbruzzese gets punked by @CParrish43 and then we make fun of him for it.

• thagerthager Posts: 4,653 Mega Baller
    @Horton Hmmmm, thought that was what I was doing!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • Ralph LeeRalph Lee Posts: 492
    @bbruzzese D'oh!!!
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 1,142 Mega Baller
    Until I saw him finish on the wrong side of the course I thought ...there's hop for my hip!
  • kstateskierkstateskier Posts: 524 Solid Baller
    If Parrish really could run 35 with his back foot forward I would have to considering quitting the sport.
    KStateSkier
    Bradley Beach - Lone Rock Ski Club, Missouri
    2004 Malibu Response LXI, 2014 D3 Helix 66"
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 802 Mega Baller
    OK @CParrish43 now we want to see a REAL video of you with your right-foot forward!
    RazorRoss3Than_BoganBill22Jordan
    @kstateskier I bet he can run 35 RFF but not that smooth
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
    It may be trickery, but as a RFF skier, I really like watching it repeat over and over—SO sweet!
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,593 Mega Baller
    A buddy of mine had a lot of back pain and was considering quoting skiing. He went to a doctor that knew something about skiing. Doc asked which foot forward my friend was. He was left. For whatever reason the doc suggested switching front feet. It took him a year to get to the same skiing ability (open water) but you'd never know he switched feet and he skis pain free.

Never believe anything CP posts on Instagram.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    Texas6
  • DmaxJC_skiDmaxJC_ski Posts: 346 Solid Baller
    @CParrish43 is the spoof King! ESPN is still making fun of him for the Pete Carroll thing.. Lol
    schafer
    @Horton I have on good authority that Parrish CAN run 35 off right foot forward. Pretty easily too I believe.
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    I have not seen it, but I have heard of one skier who used to be from MN who could run 35 either foot forward. Like I said, I never saw him ski, so I can't validate the claim.

As for me, I don't think I could get up with the wrong foot forward!
    Jim Ross
  • escmanazeescmanaze Posts: 726 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I've often wondered why we as a slalom community don't focus more on "switch" riding. The wakeboard and wakeskate world are all about it. I've often felt like some of the leg and back pains I get from skiing could be alleviated if I skied for a while with the other foot forward. I know it works for wakeboarding. If I ever start to cramp up in one place or anything like that, I just flip a 180, ride switch for a while, and all the muscles that were pulling are now pushing and vice versa, and it seems to be better exercise for my body to ride a little bit both ways.

That's it, I'm going for it!!!!! Well, next spring anyway.
    Than_Bogan
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,510 Mega Baller
    @escmanaze Video!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    schafer
    @Ralph Lee I'd be willing to bet a pretty good bottle of Scotch that is 100% not true

Than_Bogan
  • escmanazeescmanaze Posts: 726 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @Than_Bogan Will do. I skied around just goofing off this way at Lake Powell about 15 years ago, so I'm confident I can get up. The good video will come though when I try to start turning some balls. Get the popcorn ready!!
  • ricski39ricski39 Posts: 80 Baller
    The driver is definitely on the wrong side of the boat too...
    @ Horton I've never drank, so I don't know what a pretty good bottle of scotch goes for? That said, it's never to late to start drinking. 'll take that bet, and match your Brand of Scotch
    @CParrish43 alright big guy, don't let me down...
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,635 Crazy Baller
    @Ralph Lee before you ship Horton his bottle make sure you are not breaking any ATF laws. :smile:
    In gear. Hit It. Thank You!
    Ralph Lee
    @Ralph Lee I would never encourage a non-drinker to start. Find me some evidence and I will eat crow. Until then I remain a strong doubter of your story.

@Horton I haven't heard the expression "eat crow" for ever, that made me laugh! I'm off to try and find evidence.
  • lcarneslcarnes Posts: 115 Solid Baller
    I do have a friend who does the "switch foot" thing. He's not a shortline skier but skis about equally on both sides. According to his back doctor, the choice was the stay even or quit skiing.
    escmanaze
    I know some trick skiers who can go back and forth at a moderately high level but they are freaks