Reflex Sizing Help

ToddLToddL Posts: 2,894 Mega Baller
@MattL wants a Reflex Supershell for his slalom. He currently uses #8 black Reflex shell setup for his trick. He said he wishes he had a little more toe room in that shell. So, he wants to order a #10 for slalom. For those with Reflex experience, what do you recommend?

Matt's foot length is between 10.5 and 10.75 inches.
Reflex size chart says #8 shell and L liner. Size chart doesn't recommend #10 shell until foot length of 11 inches.

So, if he got a #10 shell, what are the issues/risks? Also, would he then need the thicker liner, or maybe pursue an Intuition Aqua liner?
If he got a #8 shell, I assume he'd want the thin liner?

Other insights?

Reflex Sizing Chart
-- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.

Comments

• gregygregy Posts: 2,590 Mega Baller
    Supershell has a ton more toe room. I found that with the supershell the liner was more of a problem with toe issues. I stuffed tissues between and around my toes when molding the liner.
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 1,092 Crazy Baller
    super shell is bigger. why not stay with a BLK boot for slalom?
    skialex
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,894 Mega Baller
    @Deanoski - because there is a Supershell made for slalom and of course he wants that...
    I suspect the order of preference is like this:
    1) Super Shell
    2) White cuff shell
    3) only then consider black shell
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 6,066 Mega Baller
    My foot is 27 cm which is about 10.63" and I wear a size 10 Reflex. I could get in the 8 but there is no chance I could have skied in it for more than a set. My son whose foot is a little smaller than mine is in the 10 also. I haven't been in the Supershell.
    Mark Shaffer
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,590 Mega Baller
    Todd. I think Chris has size 10 shell, let him stick is foot in it.
    ToddL
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 1,092 Crazy Baller
    More high end skiers using the blk cuff than the supper shell!!

not one pro using the supper shell! It is to stiff IMO!

skialex
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,727 Mega Baller
    edited October 2016
    I'm at the absolute uppper end of the 10(I wear an 11.5 to 12 shoe). I ski the the black 10. I do not like the increased toe box room in the Super Shell of the same size.
    Try the same size super shell first. It is bigger.
  • parkerc2112parkerc2112 Posts: 127 Baller
    I have a 10 with the reflex liner(don't use) and the intuit liner(use). I wear a size 10.5/11 shoe. matt is welcome to try on.
    ToddL
  • skialexskialex Posts: 1,286 Mega Baller
    @Deanoski I totally agree with you I prefer the black over white and Supershell, fro me Supershell is very stiff it is flat though.
    There is a pro that uses the Supershell and with great success recently, Sacha Descuns!