An Open Letter to Bruce Butterfield

I have always wondered if there is a constant or driving theme in raising children to be or do or participate in pretty much what we want them to. You and Kim have seen your children move into the elite of JR skiers, on a path to the top 1% of athletes worldwide, and I know it makes you extremely proud.

But what was the key? What is the current track to improve? I’m not talking of watching our kids put on a pair of skis and go to the lake every now and then and maybe enter a tournament. I’m talking of just your case, where they enter that rarefied air of elite.

If you can take a little time, write out what you think has been significant over the years in pushing or not pushing, forcing or not forcing, listening or coaching, etc. I understand it is not simple at all, but am curious to hear of what you believe are the key(s) to the outstanding success your kids have enjoyed.

Congratulations to your children, but maybe even more to the proud parents.
Intheday

Comments

• Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,480 Mega Baller
    @lhoover - wow, thanks! There is certainly not any single factor I could point to, but a long list of things we did that may or may not have had an impact - just ask any parent;) I'll try to write something up in the next few days.
    I'm Ancient. WTH do I know?
    BroussardMattP
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,359 Mega Baller
    I could swear Bruce already wrote up a lot about that!?
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    BroussardWish
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,291 Mega Baller
    +1 for Friends at tournaments. It was the only reason my kids kept skiing during high school
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
    ToddL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file