Top Mens skiers in the world - Shuffle the deck?

HortonHorton Posts: 26,749 Administrator
edited January 2017 in Other Stuff
I was talking to some skiers this morning about Trick Mode. If we do get a new ZO map that has the attributes of Trick Mode it will benefit some skiers more than others. The current state is that Nate is clearly # 1. Freddie is # 2 and is chipping way at Nate. In a Trick Mode world I do not think # 1 & # 2 will change much but # 3 through # 10 could change a lot.

The question is .... for PURELY SENTIMENTAL reasons who is the one skier you want to see benefit the most?

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★ D3 ★ DBSkis ★ Fin Whisper ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 26,749 Administrator
    edited January 2017
    My vote? I always have to cheer the veterans in the field. I always cheer for CP and Asher but the one most under rated skier in the last 10 years has to be Parsons. My vote goes to Parsons.

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Drago
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 1,859 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I am always behind Freddie, but I have seen CP in practice when injured and it was impressive, he turned 2 ball @43 off, if he can get back to full fitness and get the mental approach right, he could be there in the top five, and I am sure we will see him on the podium he has everything to gain and nothing to lose.

"Another Ball Bites The Dust”

• 6balls6balls Posts: 4,986 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    On any given day CP could get it done (like record scores). Likely at his age, however, his "totally on" days are not as frequent as they used to be. Hopefully the stars align and he can post a big one on a tourney day.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • WishWish Posts: 7,620 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Jaymac. One to watch
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    wtrskiorGWaterski
  • 2tracmind2tracmind Posts: 49 Baller
    Great question, I anticipate the top 10 on any given Sunday will be closer with more run offs between 2 or more skiers.
    Sentimental pick - Will Asher, Patriotic pick - JMac O Canada !!
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,245 Mega Baller
    As a fan, rather than a prognosticator, I really wanna see Freddie and Cale have epic 2017s! I don't really see new ZO settings being a big cause of that, though.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • skier2788skier2788 Posts: 720 Crazy Baller
    Can I name myself? Trent F. Tom Brantley Will Asher. Stephen Nevue.
    Travis Torley
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,632
    From an injury perspective a software revision might be a good thing for the bigger guys so I'm hoping to see Austin Abel have a good run next summer.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

• pumpinpetepumpinpete Posts: 37 Baller
    +1 @rico
    Hmmmm ...Joel Howely.
    rockdog
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,419 Mega Baller
    CP,in my view, is the best skier out there but always lived in Andy's shadow, so he's a sentimental favorite. Joel, well he's a Connelly guy, a rare breed like me. Then there's Corey. Great kid, incredible grandson, wicked skier and looks like my late son's twin brother. He's my guy.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    bkreisnleuthskier2788
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,803 Mega Baller
    I would love to see Joel step up. I have skied with him multiple times at Coble's and he is a great coach and a better guy.
    Mark Shaffer
    rockdog
  • MSMS Posts: 5,056 Mega Baller
    edited January 2017
    They should all be calling ZO and the boat manufacturers daily to see how long it will take to produce a new product. Put the heat on so we see results.
    Shut up and ski
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,571 Mega Baller
    edited January 2017
    You all need to realize that it is not up to ZO to make these changes. Even not up to AWSA, IWSF nor the king of the world. It is up to the boat company's to provide and have certified a speed control they feel fit's the needs and works best for their prospective product..
    So the statement needs to read they should be calling the boat companies to see how long it will take to produce a new control option..

These skiers seem to get better and better every year. How long can Nate remain dominate is any one guess, I think Freddy is the in the cat bird seat to take over as the top slalom skier. Paris is in Sept we will have to wait to see who is the World Champion..
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

Bruce_ButterfieldThan_BoganRalph Lee
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,561 Crazy Baller
    This discussion is about guys moving up the list... but what happened to KC? He has been MIA for over a year.

@lpskier I would love to see a Mapple ski on the podium at some pro events! I think this is the year. It would be cool to see CP make a big comeback too.
    In gear. Hit It. Thank You!
  • ColeGiacopuzziColeGiacopuzzi Posts: 402 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    I think Parsons and Corey are gonna be on a lot more podiums this year. @Bill22 KC works a full time job in Lakeland, he still skis everyday though. I think he's just trying to settle into work!
    HortonBill22schafer
  • chris55chris55 Posts: 306 Solid Baller
    I would hope CP will be back strong and Corey can definitly bring a Mapple ski on top of the podium this year, plus Corey is a super nice guy...!!!!
    Jody_SealBill22
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,419 Mega Baller
    FYI, CP is on a Mapple.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    ScottScottRalph Leeaupatking
    @lpskier wait what??????
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,561 Crazy Baller
    ^^ +1
    In gear. Hit It. Thank You!
  • AndreAndre Posts: 1,052 Crazy Baller
    +2...???
  • chris55chris55 Posts: 306 Solid Baller
    @lpskier CP is on a Mapple ski ? T3 or T2 ? That would be a BIG news....-:)
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,969 Mega Baller
    edited January 2017
    I think @rico has a great list. I would like to see Adam Sedlmajer @Sledgehammer, Brian @Detrick and Nick Adams @noodleba shake up the top 5 spots with some big scores and podium finishes.
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 780 Crazy Baller
    For up-and-comers, either Neveu or Descuns are very capable of surprising us all.
    chris55Than_Boganaupatking
  • BG1BG1 Posts: 169 Baller
    Trick mode + T3? CP may bump that slalom WR up a quarter buoy or so.
    @BG1 I have $1,000 and I'll give you a hundred to one odds that the mens world record does not go up by exactly one quarter buoy.

MattPFWinterThan_BoganCaleBurdick
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,969 Mega Baller
    @Horton I'll take that bet for .5 buoy increase.
    .25 ball or no bet

FWinter
  • BG1BG1 Posts: 169 Baller
    @Horton I did say "or so". I was in a hurry when I typed that. Point is I think those two factors, trick mode+T3, could put him back in the hunt for the slalom WR. 3 ball is his on side so getting back to the wakes for a full 3 @ -43 might be possible for him.
    @bg1 your "error" was pointed out to me by one of the guys who could get to 3 ball. He thought it was pretty funny.