Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

USAWS Certified Drivers

ScarletArrowScarletArrow Posts: 822 Crazy Baller
edited August 2007 in News & Other Stuff
<p>
I'm interested in becoming a certified driver for AWSA...anyone here already certified?
</p>
<p>
I've checked the USAWS website and it seems the clinics are real sporadic and thin.
</p>
<p>
I've got a call into them, but I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has already travelled down the road.
</p>
<p>
Anthony
</p>
Anthony Warren

Comments

• animalanimal Posts: 95 Baller
    You do not need a clinic to begin the process.  As I recall, you only need to complete an application process and some supervised training to become an assistant driver.   Talk to a rated driver in your area who can get you started.  They are listed by state in the usa waterski website.
  • Director DarwinDirector Darwin Posts: 381 Baller
    <p>
    Arrow:
    </p>
    <p>
     There is an application form on the USAWS website.  You have to perform some functions at tournaments as well as pull some skiers and have a Regular or Senior judge sign off on those pulls.  After completing the application, you must attend a driver's clinic.  There is a class room portion of the clinic and a practical portion (pulling skiers).  During the practical portion, you will be judged on your use of PP, boat path, times and general handling of the boat in a tournament setting.  I'm having a clinic at my site on September 22nd.  Don't know where you're located, but it may be one of the few opportunities this fall. 
    </p>
    <p>
    jhd
    </p>
  • ScarletArrowScarletArrow Posts: 822 Crazy Baller
    <p>
    Darwin - Thanks for the input...I will get the application...I think they call this "aspiring" drivers...where are you located?
    </p>
    Anthony Warren
  • Director DarwinDirector Darwin Posts: 381 Baller
    <p>
    The clinic is for aspiring Assistant Drivers.  Those that have completed the pre-work and are ready to be tested.  I'm located in NW Louisiana - Shreveport area.
    </p>