Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Ski Site in Cancun?

Anyone know anything about this site between Cancun and Cozumel, saw it on my approach into Cancun this Morning
scotchipmancragginshreddbaconazjimmyjamesbrown

Comments

• wtrskiorwtrskior Posts: 704 Crazy Baller
    I had messaged them a few weeks back as I was considering a trip to the area. They never got back to me. I believe the cable lakes are operating, but not sure if the boat lake is to the public.
  • LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 533 Crazy Baller
    What a great location ! Love Cancun
  • skiinxsskiinxs Posts: 553 Crazy Baller
    Wow, get a few sets in on a dive trip to Cozumel, count me in!!!!
    mmosley899parkerc2112DWdbaconaz
  • MarcoMarco Posts: 1,408 Crazy Baller
    I heard it is/was supposed to open in October. My source did not know if that meant October 2016 or 2017.
  • jimbrakejimbrake Posts: 1,304 Mega Baller
    Isn't the area between Cancun and Cozumel essentially all salt water? As in the Caribbean?
    "...all of the basic fun banter"
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,197
    I was in Playa Del Carmen last week and I passed this place a couple times. The billboard suggested they weren't open just yet, but would be in time for summer
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
  • schaferschafer Posts: 303 Baller
    edited January 2018

The buoys just got installed a month ago in the ski lake. Beauty spot. Some of the clearest water I’ve ever skied on. About halfway between Cancun and Playa Del Carmen. Msg me if you are looking for more info. And I can put you in touch with the right people.
    Quest for the Purple Loop
    dbaconazMrs_MS
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 819 Crazy Baller
    Awesome! @schafer how much $/set?
  • kckc Posts: 143 Baller
    Bump!
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,775 Mega Baller
    Pretty cool - have a trip to Tulum in mid Feb. Do they demo skis?
    @kc and @BraceMaker Im in Mexico now, the site has been unavailable for January, I'm trying to get the buoys back in the lake and get it ready for skiing, but i think it will be more like early March till it will be ready for skiing, as for Demos, working towards that too. feel free to PM me if you like
  • powbmpspowbmps Posts: 121 Baller
    @schafer I'm definitely interested in more information! My family and I stay at the Vidanta resort, almost across the highway from the Aquatic Center.
  • Drew_Wright_OBXtoFlDrew_Wright_OBXtoFl Posts: 32 Baller
    Scott Smith already offers water skiing in Cancun in the hotel strip area. He is really awesome. He inspired me to do my VRBO in Florida and start OBX Wakeboard & Water Ski. He does go in salt water but he is on the bay side and has several courses set up based on wind conditions. I do hope he is involved with this but don't know. Google Cancun water ski and find him
    Lake3
  • parkerc2112parkerc2112 Posts: 127 Baller
    Looks like right side of picture shows solid wall, perfect for roll back. Mexico🙄
  • Alberto SoaresAlberto Soares Posts: 308 Solid Baller
    @parkerc2112 - looks perfect to me, guess you are getting confused by the water reflection
    schaferRAWSki
  • skihartskihart Posts: 498 Solid Baller
    @schafer sent you a PM
    @scotchipman I’ll send you a message
    Drove past 4 times last week, poor timing.
  • skihartskihart Posts: 498 Solid Baller
    @BraceMaker did it look like they were getting ready to start skiing there again soon? @schafer thought maybe March?
    @skihart you probably cant tell but that stretch of road is pretty heavily covered in shrubbery and there is a large concrete fascade which really blocks the view.
    skihart
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 609 Crazy Baller
    Does anyone have a contact number for this site? It doesn't appear to be part of the Mayan Water Complex which is the cable park next door.
  • ricorico Posts: 189 Solid Baller
    @RAWSki I believe @eddie_roberts_jr may know about the site has he told me about the cable a while back before it opened.
    Eric Francois - Studio City, CA - Denali C-75 - Reflex
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 609 Crazy Baller
    Thanks I received an e-mail from the Cable Complex that said they are separate operations but they were supposed to forward me more info......