Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Towboat Insurance

boarditupboarditup Posts: 585 Crazy Baller
edited May 2010 in News & Other Stuff
My Progressive policy was up this month, so I did some comparison shopping.  Progressive was $450 with an exclusion for any organized use (tournaments, clinics, etc.), Global was $390 without the exclusions and an extra $250k limit ($500k versus $250k) to boot.  Of the 4 companies I shopped, only Global covered tournament use.  Check the policy and not just the price - you may not be covered for some uses.
Karl DeLooff - Powered by the wind

Comments

• RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,237 Mega Baller
    you should also check the difference in premium between $500K & $1M in liability
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • skibugskibug Posts: 2,043
    State Farm in NC, $553 for 09 MC 197 with $500K in liability.  The price on the Global looks good.
    Bob Grizzi
  • h2odawg79h2odawg79 Posts: 599 Baller
    TN. Farm Bureau $330.00 for 300K 04 RLxi (always hoping we'll never need it!)
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,083
    Yep, I've got global with the same limits for roughly the same amount.  Very easy to deal with.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• Chris RossiChris Rossi Posts: 288 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    <p>
    Check out Global Marine Insurance.  These guys are skiers and understand what we do.  They are involved with the sport and care about keeping us on the water.
    </p>
    <p>

</p>
    <p>
    CHris
    </p>
    <p>
    Scot,
    </p>
    <p>
    what is your L/limit for #335.00? -if you don't mind me asking...
    </p>
  • Old MS AccoutOld MS Accout Posts: 2,114 Baller
    edited May 2010
    Our club uses Global with the AWSA required liability and it is around 340.00
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,237 Mega Baller
    Global is also the weapon of choice for promo boat owners, not only for the price but also nbecause they understand that the boats are used in the AWSA events
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • robscholl-OFrobscholl-OF Posts: 287 Baller
    Global Marine $416 a year for 05 Malibu Lxi with 500K liability....OF
    Thanx Scot...
  • jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,432 Crazy Baller
    <p>
    Has anyone noticed a difference in premiums once a boating safety course has been completed?
    </p>
    <p>
    JP :)
    </p>