Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any comments about this picture?

HortonHorton Posts: 30,587 Administrator
edited April 2017 in Technique & Theory

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

MattL

Comments

• LuzzLuzz Posts: 575 Open or Level 9 Skier
    Philipos is a very solid slalom skier! He came to ski some events at our site over the years and he is not afraid of turn'n'burn!
    Host of The Water Ski Podcast & Water Ski Bits
    Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (recap videos from 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014)
    Co-organizer of the Jolly Clinics
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,210 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
    edited April 2017
    9.75m looks more like 10.25m, If so and it,s 2 Ball did he get around 3 ball, if it was 4 Ball then that would be amazing.
    Even @ 10.25m that is what I would consider awsome skiing.

Addicted To Carbon Fibre

• HortonHorton Posts: 30,587 Administrator
    I see a lot of ski on the water at on side. That is something I think I really need to work on. I also see a ROCK tight line. I do not know anything about the skier but dude can ski.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

skialex
  • DanEDanE Posts: 930 Crazy Baller
    He is a solid skier, tpb into 41.
    I'm going to ski at his place in a few weeks.
    Ralph Lee
  • jimbrakejimbrake Posts: 1,402 Mega Baller
    Looks awesome. Would like to see following pics of him coming back to the handle and what was probably insane angle.
    "...all of the basic fun banter"
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,469 Crazy Baller
    I can't tell how short the line is, but it's very short. Waaay up on the boat and as @Horton said really tight line.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    Ralph Lee
  • A_BA_B Posts: 4,306 Mega Baller
    Note the left arm being pulled back to keep his chest countered. I try to hit this position, but old turn and burn habits are hard to get rid of.
  • hemlockhemlock Posts: 179 Baller
    My sunglasses would have been lost before the gates. :smile:
  • DanEDanE Posts: 930 Crazy Baller
    edited April 2017
    -
    ToddL
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,220
    Obviously a short line based on his position relative to the boat. But it also appears that the ski is starting it's arc back in. Meaning he's ahead of the buoy and it's arcing in, still with a tight line.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

Horton
  • skialexskialex Posts: 1,214 Mega Baller
    I have watched him from the boat a few times, great skier with a big future! Last time I was in the boat last Autumn, he run [email protected] in a head tail and a bit choppy conditions.